Happy New Year, nerds! With the cliff (sort of) averted, the major indicies in the black and the holiday shopping binge over, we can finally get back to fiscal prudence both personally and politically. And learn another language. And lose 20 pounds. Whatever your goals for 2013, here’s the best of the web to get you there:
Life and money
- Marotta on Money >speculates on what would have happened if the famous Christmas Carol had included a gambling personality.
- Wealthy Turtle lists some easy jobs for busy parents.
- Free From Broke explains how to file for unemployment benefits.
- Your PF Pro asks how much money it would take to live a great life.
- Reach Financial Independence helps you stick to your resolutions.
Death and taxes
- Nerd’s Eye View demystifies the 2013 Medicare tax changes.
- Ready for Zero gives us 5 tax to-do’s for the new year.
- Dividend Growth Investor names his stock picks for 2013.
- Financial Ramblings encourages us to up our HSA and retirement account contributions.
- Gajizmo tells us how to get out of a confining cell phone contract.
- Frugal Rules asks, “Will you save money in 2013?”
- Canadian Budget Binder gives the secret to budget success.
- Call Me What You Want has 5 reasons to save for the future.
- Goldeneer has advice for life goals beyond swiftly abandoned resolutions.
- Club Thrifty confesses this year’s gift-giving scrimps and saves.