This year Veterans Day falls on Sunday, November 11th, with the federal government’s celebration of it occurring the day after on Monday, November 12th. NerdWallet wants to say thank you to our troops for everything that you do for us every day. We appreciate your service to our country in more ways than we can count.
To be sure, the financial tools, guidelines, and regulations that U.S. Veterans and members of the Armed Forces have to wade through on a daily basis are very different from those of civilians. Because a solid financial foundation and education can help out every military member and family through thick and thin, we put together our favorite financial & personal finance blog resources aimed at helping out military members and their families and making them financially stronger and savvier every day.
We’ve curated this list to help comb through all the details of personal finance when it comes to military money.
NerdWallet presents our Top 5 Military Financial Non-Profit Resources:
SaveAndInvest.org Military Center:
- Who they are: SaveAndInvest.org offers a multifaceted program that includes online and on-the-ground training to make sure you’re supported at key financial milestones.
- Why they exist: “You can’t protect your family without protecting your finances.”
USACares.org Blog and Resource Center:
- Who they are: USA Cares exists to help bear the burdens of service by providing post-9/11 military families with financial and advocacy support in their time of need.
- Why they exist: “Our goal is to help restore financial stability and self-sufficiency by giving ‘a hand up not a hand out.’”
InCharge Education Foundation’s Military Money Blog:
- Who they are: An authoritative financial resource for military families.
- Why they exist: “From the GI Bill to VA loans, frequent moves to deployment preparation, military readers deserve financial information and planning tools designed with their unique needs in mind.”
- Who they are: The Foundation is part of the Veterans United Home Loans family; VU Home Loans is the nation’s largest dedicated provider of VA Loans — dedicated to making the American dream of homeownership a reality for those who so bravely served.
- Why they exist: “We are dedicated to enhancing the lives of veterans and military families nationwide.”
- Who they are: The Wounded Warrior Project serves military service members who incurred service-connected wounds, injuries, or illnesses on or after September 11, 2001 and their families. Offering a variety of programs and services, WWP is equipped to serve warriors with every type of injury – from the physical to the invisible wounds of war.
- Why they exist: “To foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation’s history.”