Roth IRA Writing Contest 2013: Win Up to $500
by Susan Lyon
Update: Call For Submissions is now closed. To read the first, second, and third place prize winners, please visit:
Are you a writer, a retirement guru, or do you share our core goals of making the field of personal finance a little friendlier to all? If you’re passionate about any of the above, we want our readers to hear from you to shed light on the topic and help empower investors to make better retirement decisions. Meanwhile, we want to give participants a chance to win up to $500 in NerdWallet’s Roth IRA writing competition. NerdWallet Investing is hosting a writing contest with first, second, and third place cash rewards in order to find out your answers to one or more of these questions:
- When it comes to Roth IRAs, where do you stand? Are Roth IRAs the best type of retirement account – why or why not, and for whom?
- Contest participants can submit opinion pieces, analytical articles, or anything in between.
Writing Contest Prizes:
- First Place: $500
- Second Place: $300
- Third Place: $200
How to Enter:
- Email your submission as a Microsoft Word document attachment to email@example.com by May 12, 2013 at 9:00pm PDT/midnight EDT.
- Please include your full name and contact information.
- Submissions of any length will be considered. Suggested length is around 500 words. Feel free to be relevant, timely, creative, use hyperlinks to primary sources, and include an interesting title. Self-promotional links are not allowed.
Rules of Submission:
- Purpose: We want to educate our readers about the various things to think about when picking a Roth IRA and to share a diversity of perspectives and opinions.
- Original posts: We only accept original content that has not yet been published elsewhere.
- Publication: Any accepted submission may be published on our website with the author’s name included.
- Endorsement: Outside opinions published on our website belong exclusively to the guest author and do not reflect NerdWallet endorsements.
- Links: Promotional links will be removed.
- Payment: The winning 3 stories will be selected by the team at NerdWallet Investing and awarded $500, $300, and $200 respectively. NerdWallet Investing will publish all submissions that we deem relevant to our readers, but not all submissions will be selected for publication or payment.
Who We Are:
NerdWallet Investing empowers investors by providing unbiased and transparent access to information on financial markets, investing and the economy. From tools that simplify complex issues to in-depth studies with innovative analysis, NerdWallet Financial Markets serves those seeking clear and impartial information.
See also: Full contest terms and conditions.