Aw nerds! Looks like this page may be out of date. Head over to our Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card page for updated info.
Update as of 4/5/11: Capital One hit their 1 billion mile cap more than a month early, so this program has now come to an end. Those who have already been approved for credit cards are still eligible to submit their paperwork for the match. See the full details here.
Starting today, Capital One (along with Alec Baldwin, for some reason) is offering up to 100,000 bonus miles for new Venture Rewards Card applicants, by matching your previously-accumulated credit card rewards from another airline credit card. So for example, if you are currently a United, Delta, or Continental credit cardholder, Capital One is going to double the miles you’ve earned, up to 100,000.
And since Venture miles aren’t restricted to a single airline, or even restricted to airfare, you can use these extra miles to pay for any travel expenses you have coming up. That means flights on other airlines, hotel stays, rental cars, or any other travel-specific expenses.
How does it work?
- Apply for a Venture Rewards card before May 13, 2011, and wait for an email from CapOne with further instructions.
- Register your account online and submit proof of any airline miles you’ve earned on one other airline credit card. You’re going to want to ACT FAST, because the statement has to be sent within 45 days, and they’re capping the total payout at a billion miles.
- Spend $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening the account, and those miles are yours.
Combine this with other offers for the big-time free money
If you’ve recently earned 50,000 bonus miles with a Continental OnePass Plus, or if you were lucky enough to score 75,000 miles with AAdvantage, then this new offer will be especially powerful.
I, for one, just got credited 80k miles from Citibank for the AA card, so I am eligible to earn an additional 80k Venture miles thanks to CapOne…
Worried that it’s too good to be true?
Follow my application progress. So far Capital One has been great with the email feedback, and everything has been approved!
Eligible airline credit cards
- Alaska Airlines Visa Card
- American Airlines Card
- Continental Airlines Card
- Delta SkyMiles Card from American Express
- Frontier Airlines MasterCard
- Hawaiian Airlines Visa Card
- JetBlue Card from American Express
- Spirit Airlines Free SPIRIT MasterCard
- United Mileage Plus Visa Card
- US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard
- Virgin America Visa Card
- AirTran Airways A+ Visa Card (1,000 Venture miles per A+ Rewards Credit)
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Visa Card (1200 Venture miles per Rapid Rewards Credit)