Dell Black Friday 2013 Ad – Find the Best Dell Black Friday Deals and Sales
NerdWallet’s continues its Black Friday series with a look at the ad scans from the biggest and best retailers. Keep checking back to see all the stores on your holiday shopping list.
Dell Black Friday 2013
Dell Black Friday 2013 sales will start on Thursday at 6 p.m. EST and continue through 8 a.m. EST on Friday! However, you need not worry about rubbing elbows with competitive tech-loving early birds this holiday season, as you’ll find Dell’s sale items online – from the sweet comfort of your festively decorated home. For more details on the sales you can expect, check out the ads and ad highlights below!
Dell Black Friday Ad Scans
Dell Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Dell’s Black Friday Deals for 2013 will come in waves from 6 p.m. midnight to 8 a.m. EST. Check out the best deals from each time slot below:
Starting Thursday at 6 p.m. EST
- Inspiron 15R w/touch screen: $699.99 (market value: $1089.99)
- New DEll Venue tablet: $129.99 (market value: $179.99; online exclusive)
12 a.m. EST:
- Dell Inspiron 15: $199.99 (market value: $379.99; online exclusive)
- Sharp 50″ LED AQUOS 1080p 60 Hz HDTV: $498 (market value: $748)
2 a.m. EST:
- Inspiron 15: $299.99 (market value: $449.99)
- Inspiron 660 w/monitor: $549.98 (market value: $899.98)
8 a.m. EST
- Inspiron One 20 w/full HD touch screen: $349.99 (market value: $579.99)
- Nikon D3200 DSLR: $499.99 (market value: $759.99)
Best Dell Black Friday Deals from 2012
Dell didn’t disappoint in 2012, releasing a Black Friday ad that offered something for just about everyone. Tech lovers as well as regular Joes in need of an upgrade had good reason to be excited, with an average savings of over 30% on laptops, printers, monitors and more throughout its aptly-named, “You Must Be Kidding Me” promotion. The sale on Dell.com began at midnight on Black Friday, with new deals released in waves every three hours.
Here are some of the standout offers from last year’s ad:
- Dell showed off their holiday spirit by practically giving away McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013 for $5.99, a 90.02% discount from its $59.99 list price.
- Their next biggest discount – and the highlight of the ad – was the 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD Dell Inspiron 14z 14.1” laptop with Intel Core i3: 50% off its original price at $299.99.
Dell didn’t limit shoppers to just a couple of major discounts. Here are more of the biggest reductions out of the twenty featured items.
- 43.57% off the Dell 20” Flat Panel LED Backlit Monitor, $78.99 after discount (orig. $139.99)
- 39.23% off the Dell Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer, $78.99 after discount (orig. $129.99)
- 37.13% off the Samsung Series 6.55” 1080p LED HDTV, $879.99 after discount (orig. $1399.99)
How did Dell’s offers compare with those from similar retailers? Check out some competitors’ advertised Black Friday prices from 2012:
- The Acer Aspire V5 Notebook was a good deal, marked down to $399 from $599, but not good enough to beat the savings on Dell’s $299 Inspiron laptop, originally the same list price.
- Walmart’s HP 2000-2b49WM notebook seemingly tied with the Inspiron with its own $299 price tag, but the HP came with only 2GB of RAM vs. the Inspiron’s 4.
- Walmart also offered the HP 23-inch Pavilion TouchSmart 9100 for only $618, a low price for a touchscreen device for sure, for those shoppers looking for some flashier features.
One small fault we found with the ad was an apparent pricing error that made some discounts look a little deeper than they were. On a couple of items, the “market value” given didn’t match the price listed on the company’s website. Nonetheless, Dell proved itself to be a strong competitor in the electronics world last fall, sweetening their already outstanding deals with free ground shipping on PCs and electronics, plus super easy returns and no restocking fee on any purchase within 30 days.
If you’re looking for more great deals on electronics, be sure to take a look at the ad leaks for Radio Shack.
Dell Black Friday Store Hours
Dell.com Black Friday store hours will begin at 4pm on November 27th – don’t forget these times actually refer to when their online sales will take place. Head to our Black Friday store hours page to see opening hours for all your favorite stores in on place.