Macy’s Black Friday 2013 Ad – Find the Best Macy’s Black Friday Deals and Sales
NerdWallet’s ad leak series continues with a look at the highs and lows of 2013’s Black Friday Sales. Check back soon for more ad scans from the most popular retailers.
Macy’s Black Friday 2013
Shoppers have been anxiously awaiting the Macy’s Black Friday 2013 ad and the scan is finally here! Macy’s colossal 49-page ad is one of the biggest we’ve ever seen, with wide selections of cookware, home goods, furniture, jewelry, luggage, and apparel and accessories for men and women. Macy’s will begin offering its doorbusters at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day through 1pm on Friday, and again from 7am through 1pm Saturday. After 1pm each day prices on most items increase, but are still majorly reduced. There are tons of savings of more than 50% in every department, making Macy’s one of the year’s strongest Black Friday contenders so far. Check out just a few of the scan’s many highlights:
- Charter Club Cashmere Crew-Neck Sweaters: $39.99 (reg. $129)
- Tommy Hilfiger Select Down, Faux-Leather and Wool Outerwear: $79.99 (reg. $195-$250)
- Geoffrey Beene Sweaters: $14.99 (reg. $60)
- Camelhair or Cashmere/Wool Sportcoats: $99.99 (reg. $450)
- Calvin Klein Suits: $179.99 (reg. $675)
- Charter Club Pajama Sets: $19.99 (reg. $55)
- Designer Coats from Calvin Klein and Laundry: 60% off
- Jason Kole Wool Peacoat: $79.99 (reg. $195)
- Jones New York Signature Misses and Petites Jackets: $39.99 (reg. $119)
- Style & Co. Casual Separates: $19.99 (reg. $49-$54)
- Seiko Two-Tone Chronograph Watch: $99 (reg. $275
- Diamond Accent Hoops: $149 (reg. $600)
- 14K Gold Bracelet: $199 (reg. $690)
- Cuisinart Coffeemaker or Blender: $39.99 (reg. $119.99)
- 17-Piece Farberware Professional Serrated-Edge Cutlery: $29.99 (reg. $99.99)
- All Enameled Cast-Iron By Martha Stewart: $42.99-$78.99 (reg. $119.99-$219.99)
- 8-Qt. Tools of the Trade Casserole: $14.99 (reg. $59.99)
- Circulon 11-Piece Set: $99.99 (reg. $229.99)
- All Memory Foam Pillows and Mattress Toppers: 70% off
- 7-Piece Comforter Sets: $49.99 (reg. $200-$240)
- Sherpa Throw: $19.99 (reg. $60)
Macy’s Black Friday Ad Scans
Macy’s Best Black Friday Deals 2013
This year Macy’s is breaking an astounding 155-year Black Friday tradition, and is joining several retailers on the trending Thanksgiving Day sale bandwagon! They’ll be opening their doors at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 28th, and shoppers will have access to Macy’s best Black Friday deals 2013 from then until 1 p.m. on Friday. On Saturday, customers can look forward to another round of early bird doorbusters from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m.
If last year’s massive ad scan gives any indication of what is to come this year, then shoppers are surely in for a treat. Shoppers got a sweet little sneak peek at Macy’s best Black Friday deals 2013, and the list already includes:
- 60% off (plus 10% off) all Martha Stewart Collection Collector’s Enameled Cast Iron Casseroles
- $19.99 Rampage Boots
- $39.99 Charter Club Cashmere Crewneck
- $9.99 Your Choice Coffee Maker, Griddle, Waffle Maker, Rocket Blender, Toaster, Slow Cooker, Deep Fryer, Panini Maker, Pressure Cooker, Blenders, Toaster Oven and Skillet from Bella, Black & Decker and Westinghouse (After $10 Rebate)
- $169 3/8 ct. t.w. Diamond Studs in 14k White Gold
- $49.99 Tag Fairfield III Five-piece Luggage Set
- FREE 8-piece Deluxe Mini Scent Sampler with any $95 Fragrance purchase
- Buy 1 American Rag Junior’s Sweater, Dress, Jean, Top or Coat and Get 1 Free
- $49.99 Sharper Image Action Camera
- 30% off Impulse Contemporary Apparel from Kensie, Lucky Brand, Miss Me, RACHEL Rachel Roy, Bar III
This sizeable list offers a hearty selection of clothing, jewelry, kitchenware, fragrances, and luggage. Unfortunately, they’ve also already presented us with inconvenient rebates. Nonetheless, the savings have already got us pumped about thrifty holiday shopping, and this is definitely just the tip of the iceberg, folks!
This year, Macy’s has implemented a new, creative way to update its social media savvy customers. For up-to-the-minute sneak peeks at sale items, you can check out Macy’s ever-expanding Pinterest page.
Update – October 31, 2013: Macy’s Thanksgiving Sale
Macy’s is seriously bringing their A-game this holiday season by offering not only the epic Black Friday deals above, but a separate (apparently overlapping) Thanksgiving sale. The newly-released 44-page ad features more deals in just about every department – apparel, jewelry, home goods and more – along with special coupons, like an extra 15% off select apparel sale items. With so many discounts spread out over several days it would seem that customers could shop at their leisure instead of waiting in hectic lines Friday morning, but with so many outstanding deals available it may still be worthwhile to head to Macy’s ASAP before the best items disappear!
Update: 8 extra pages of savings!
As if 49 pages weren’t enough, Macy’s has given its customers an additional 8 pages to supplement their ad scan. The first two pages tantalize shoppers with the promise of 20% off of apparel for the whole family, jewelry, handbags and more! Some highlights from the add include:
- $399 diamond earrings (reg. $900)
- $349 Queen 2-pc set (reg. $689)
- $199 white sapphire bracelet (reg. $600)
- $79.99 Kenneth Cole overcoat (reg. $350)
- 60% off of sleepwear
- 60% off of dresses & dresswear for girls
- 60% off of Carter’s baby playwear
- 50% off of comfort boots & shoes
- $5.99 & $7.99 toys for kids
Best Macy’s Black Friday Deals from 2012
Last year’s 35-page behemoth of an ad featured a total of 867 discounted items – a lot to sift through but not without plenty of highlights. The department store cultivated anticipation for the best Macy’s Black Friday deals from 2012 with special early-bird prices available from midnight to 1 pm on Friday and 7 am to 1 pm on Saturday.
With price cuts in a wide variety of departments this ad may very well have made Macy’s a top destination for one-stop holiday shopping – especially for shoppers looking for jewelry, apparel and kitchenware. Here are some of the ad’s most expansive categories and biggest discounts
- Women’s apparel: Macy’s went all-out on its women’s wear discounts. Some of this category’s standout deals included $49.99 cashmere sweaters, $14.99 sweaters and knit tops, bras for $12.99 each and $59.99 down coats.
- Women’s footwear and handbags: Shoppers had an incentive to stock up on staples with 50% off dressy and cold-weather style boots and fashion totes marked down to $29.99.
- Juniors’ apparel: Sweet deals on teen fashion included 50% off sportswear, $19.99 puffer coats and a free sweater with the purchase of select American Rag jeans.
- Men’s apparel: Select sweaters and Calvin Klein jeans were Buy 1, Get 1 free. Other doorbusters included $9.99 tees, $11.99 polos and sportshirts and $21.99 jeans.
- Kitchen appliances and cookware: Shoppers had their choice of a dozen kitchen appliances on sale for $9.99 (after rebate), including a slow cooker, coffee maker, waffle iron and others. Cookware highlights included an 11-piece Circulon set for only $99.99 and 60% off cast iron casseroles.
- Bed & bath: a wide selection of bedding and towels was up to 60% off, with select 7-piece bedding sets marked down to $49.99.
- Watches and jewelry: This department featured some of Macy’s biggest savings, with many pieces on sale for well over half-off: 14k gold circle braided bracelet for $199.99 (orig. $690), 14k gold w/diamond accent hoop earrings for $149 (orig. $600) and sterling silver diamond accented engraved locket with chain for $59 (orig. $200).
- Toys: The 2012 ad didn’t pay a lot of attention to toys, but parents could still get excited about Buy 1, Get 1 Free deals and prices as low as $5.99.
The most heavily discounted item in Macy’s 2012 ad was a black Michael Kors camelhair sportcoat, with its $99.99 price tag (down from $450) making it a whopping 77.78% off
The ad’s only major drawback? Exclusions. Macy’s otherwise outstanding deals didn’t apply to items in a number of categories, including Superbuys, Everyday Value Specials, electronics, fragrances and cosmetics, furniture and special orders. But overall, Macy’s deep discounts and wide selection made it a strong contender among 2012 Black Friday destinations.
Macy’s Black Friday Store Hours
This year Macy’s Black Friday store hours will run from 8pm on Thanksgiving night through 1pm on Friday, with the sale continuing from 7am through 1pm on Saturday. See more opening times at our Black Friday store hours page.