What Benefits Come with a Visa Signature?
Does you rewards credit card bear the words “Visa Signature?” If so, you’re eligible for a whole parade of perks–some of which you might not know about. Visa Signature cards come with cool bonus benefits like travel accident insurance and special event discounts. These features are separate from and supplemental to your rewards program. Here are top Visa Signature benefits that you might be missing out on:
The Visa Signature’s 24/7 concierge service is almost like having your own personal assistant on duty all day, every day. You can call in anytime for help making dinner reservations, handling travel arrangements or finding information about virtually anything. Need restaurant recommendations? Call your concierge. Need directions to your hotel? Call your concierge. Yeah, it’s sort of like Google for people who don’t use a smartphone, but sometimes a human can meet your needs with a higher level of understanding and personalization. Oh, did we mention: The service is 100% complementary. You’ll want to save that number in your contacts.
No preset spending limits
The header says it all. Visa Signature cards are exempt from spending limits. You have the flexibility to conduct large transactions when needed, as long as you continue to spend and pay responsibly. Cardholders have peace of mind, knowing they’re prepared to handle financial emergencies.
This is one of the Visa Signature’s most extensive perk categories. In addition to whatever travel rewards you might earn, your Signature card provides many additional travel protections.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Whenever you rent a car, your Signature will automatically supply you with coverage for damages due to collision or theft.
- Lost luggage reimbursement: One of the best reasons to obtain a Visa Signature card, cardholders receive additional luggage insurance. If your bags get lost in the shuffle, Visa will reimburse you for up to $3,000 of anything the airline doesn’t cover. This is a must when traveling with expensive merchandise or equipment.
- Roadside dispatch: Your one-stop shop for 24-hour roadside assistance. Got a flat? Out of gas? You can call this toll-free line to connect with roadside assistance services in your immediate area.
- Travel accident insurance: When you pay for travel with your Signature card, you can receive travel insurance for you and your family. Whether you’re traveling by taxi, bus, train, airport limousine or courtesy transportation, you are insured for a minimum of $250,000 in cases of death or dismemberment. That excludes air travel.
- Travel and emergency assistance service: When you travel with Visa, a team of dedicated experts is ready to help. Cardholders have access to medical and legal referral assistance, emergency transportation assistance, ticket replacement, lost luggage locator, emergency translation, prescription assistance and more.
Visa Signature cards are outfitted to meet the needs of shoppers. In addition to no preset spending limits, you get access to a warranty manager service for registering products and extending manufacturer warranties. You also receive discounts on products such as housewares, spa packages and beyond. For example, Visa Signature members can currently knock $10 off Van Heusen purchases and 10% off jcpenney buys.
Visa also offers deals on a wide array of entertainment purchases. From aquariums to helicopter tours, discounted packages suit a variety of lifestyles. There is always an extensive list of food and dining perks, like gift cards for Williams-Sonoma, 20% off at Cherry Moon Farms and invitations to exclusive wine-tasting events. For sports lovers and thrill-seekers, Visa connects customers with opportunities to drive stock cars, learn to fly, ride in hot air balloons and take golf lessons.
Credit cards are tiny rectangles of plastic. Chances are, they’ll be displaced or damaged. When that happens, nothing is better than preparedness. Visa Signature members enjoy several safeguards aimed at making it less painful to lose a card. If you need immediate access to money, you can arrange to pick up a cash advance or replacement card within one business day. In addition to typical fraud prevention tactics, Visa offers Zero Liability, which guarantees you will not have to pay for any fraudulent charges–a step above what is federally mandated.
NerdWallet’s top Visa Signature credit cards