Should I close my credit accounts or pay off as much as I can?
Why not do both? You could close your accounts so that you will not be tempted to incur more debt. However, closing an account does not relieve you from paying what's owed. Also keep in mind that closing an account could lower your credit score. But based on the information that you provided, your credit has already suffered.
Pay as much as you can on the cards. Priority should be given to the ones that are not charged-off or in collections. Complete a budget and prioritize your bills with necessities first i.e. housing, food, ...
- How do I handle a bill that went to collections? I don't recognize the bill.
- How do I get rid of my debt?
- What happens if my boyfriend cosigned an auto loan for a friend who then refused to pay?
- I just got approved for a personal loan, the plan is to consolidate debt and pay for some personal emergencies, how should I...
- My wife and I are struggling due to debt and the fact that I'm on disability due to surgery on the 16th. What should I do?