I can't make my child support payments. What are my options?
I would highly advise you contact the court that imposed the payments and work something out. If you don't pay your child support payments most states will issue a warrant for your arrest; the amount of the bail required to get out of jail will be the amount the past due child support payment. I wouldn't think a bail bondsman would issue a bond to get you out of jail as 100% of that bond payment goes to your ex, it doesn't go to the court.
- Contact advisor
- Can I merge all of my debts into one payment so I can breathe a bit again?
- How do I find the best option for buying out my partner after a divorce?
- I came out of a marriage with $18,000+ in credit card debt and am overwhelmed trying to pay it. What can I do?
- I suffered through a terrible divorce, which left me carrying major debt. I need to resolve my debt situation so I can move...
- Can my lump sum pension payment be garnisheed for a student loan in default?