NerdWallet continues to explore the hits and misses of Black Friday sale ads in this ongoing series. Keep checking back to find more great deals on all your favorite items.
Best Buy Black Friday 2013
The Best Buy Black Friday 2013 ad has leaked, and as usual the 23-pager offers competitive deals on a wide array of electronics! The electronics retailer will be opening on Thursday, November 29th, and they’ll be offering their traditional tickets to early bird customers. Best Buy employee will start handing out the tickets, which serve as dibs on select items, two hours before their opening hours (scroll down for details!). Tickets are limited to one per person, per item. For a peek at Best Buy’s selection, scroll down to their ad and our best deals highlights below!
Diehard shoppers will be happy to hear that the date of the Best Buy Black Friday 2013 sale has just been released on the company’s website. They will be joining an increasing number of retailers that have begun kicking off their sales on November 29th, Thanksgiving day. The store will be opening earlier than most stores, however, at 6 p.m. Thursday night.
The store’s Black Friday page doesn’t list any specific items just yet, but promises great deals on a selection of digital cameras, appliances, video games, laptops, Blu-ray players and HDTVs, with sales available both in-store an online. Check back soon – we’ll bring you Best Buy’s full Black Friday ad as soon as it leaks!
Best Buy Black Friday Ad Scans
Best Buy Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Best Buy’s best Black Friday deals for 2013 are some of the most competitive around! Here are the top highlights from their ad scan:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 4G LTE: FREE
- Apple iPhone 5c: $48
- Apple iPhone 4s 8GB: FREE
Laptops, Computers, & Accessories:
- Apple MacBook Pro w/Retina Display 13.3″ 4GB: $1,099.99
- HP Split 2-in-1 13.3″ Touch Screen Laptop 4 GB Memory: $499.99
- HP Envy 15.6″ Laptop 8 GB Memory 750GB Hard Drive: $499.99
- Dell Desktop Tower 24″ HD LED Monitor: $499.98
- Microsoft-Surface w/32GB Memory: $199.99
- Office for Mac Home and Student: $79.99
- HP Envy 4500 Network-Ready Wireless All-in-One Printer: $49.99
- Sharp 50″ Class LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV: $399.99
- Insignia 46″ LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV: $329.99
- PS3 Black Friday Holiday Bundle: $199.99
- XBox 360 250GB Black Friday Bundle: $189.99
Tablets & E-Readers:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Tablet w/16GB Memory White: $299.99
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7″ Display w/16GB Memory: $99.99
- Insignia Flex 8″ Tablet w/8GB Memory Black: $79.99
- Beats by Dr. Dre Pill Portable Stereo Speaker: $149.99
- Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD On-Ear Headphones: $79.99
- Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera w/AF-S DX Nikkor: $799.99
- Nikon Coolpix P520 + Battery + 8GB Memory Card + Bag: $399.96
- Nikon Coolpix S800c 16.0 Megapixel Digital Camera White: $129.99
- All Dysons: 25% off
- Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multifloor Coordless 2-in-1 Handheld/Stick Vacuum: $199.99
- Samsung 28.0 French Door Refrigerator Stainless Steel: $1,799.99
Update – November 6, 2013: Black Friday sale item sneak peak!
Consumers are getting an early look at a handful of Best Buy’s Black Friday sale items, thanks to a local news station in Little Rock, Arkansas. A Best Buy employee appeared on the program to share tips for getting the most out of one of the year’s biggest shopping days, then revealed three of the big-name items shoppers can look for on the 29th, along with their discounts.
Here’s what we can expect so far:
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7″: $99 (reg. $199.99)
- Jawbone Jambox: $99.99 (reg. $149.99)
- All Dyson Vacuums: 25% off
Best Best Buy Black Friday Deals from 2012
Best Buy’s 2012 Black Friday ad brought out the usual crowd of shoppers, enticed by bargain electronics, eager to tick the most popular gadgets off their holiday shopping lists and claiming their spots in line hours before doors opened.
It’s practically become a tradition to see customers camped out in front of locations across the country on Thanksgiving Day, and it’s no wonder – the prospect of saving hundred on gadgets, electronics and media is enough for make anyone consider unrolling their sleeping bag on a sidewalk. To take the pressure off shoppers scrambling for the most heavily discounted items, Best Buy associates handed out claim tickets for doorbuster offers hours before stores opened at midnight.
Last year the tech retail giant teased Black Friday fanatics with the release of a 22-page ad filled with deals on TVs, cameras, mobile devices and too many other miscellaneous electronics to name. The ad’s biggest strength was the variety of different items being marked down. Whether you were looking for a Blu-ray player, tablet, laptop, external storage or X-box game, you probably saw at least a couple of worthwhile deals.
A few of the scan’s standout discounts:
- $200 savings on three different HP laptops with sale prices ranging from $499.99 to $629.99
- $200 off the Lenovo 23” Touch Screen All-In-One computer
- PNY USB flash drives were majorly discounted at 69-80% off, with sale prices from $5.99 (16GB) to $27.99 (64GB)
- Window 8 Professional Upgrade was 72.5% off at the low price of $54.99
- $799.99 for the Samsung 55” 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV
- $349.98 for the Samsung Core i3 15.6” 4GB 500GB Laptop Bundle with accessories
- $179.99 for the Toshiba 40” 1080p LCD HDTV
The ad also featured some less outstanding prices, most notably on video games – like Assassin’s Creed 3 for Xbox 360 and FIFA Soccer 13 for PS3, both at $34.99 – as well as on HDTVs. These prices may have drawn shoppers who were already in the market for a TV, but doorbusters they were not:
- Samsung 65” 1080p LED HDTV: $1497.99
- Panasonic 55” 1080p Smart 3D LED HDTV with Soundbar & Wireless Sub: $1049.98
- Samsung 51” 720p Plasma HDTV: $477.99
- Toshiba 50” 1080p LED HDTV: $399.99
While there was no shortage of doorbusting deals in 2012, consumers expect more from one of the biggest names in the business when it comes to big-ticket items like TVs. In this respect, last year’s Black Friday ad was a bit disappointing.
Best Buy Black Friday Store Hours
Best Buy has one of the earliest opening hours on Grey Thursday this year. Best Buy’s Black Friday store hours will start at 6 p.m., but check back for details on the store’s hours during the rest of the shopping weekend. Take a look at opening times for other big-name retailers on our Black Friday store hours page to see how they compare!
Best Buy store via Shutterstock