The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card is making its limited-time bonus offer available to those who apply for it directly via NerdWallet.
Starting March 20, 2020, you can earn a $100 statement credit on top of the card’s standard sign-up bonus offer.
The new, full bonus offer is described by the card’s issuer this way: “Get a $100 statement credit, 40,000 bonus miles and Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22) after you make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.”
Previously, the $100 statement credit was available on the Alaska Airlines website but not via NerdWallet.
All of those incentives combined — a statement credit, a pile of miles and a companion fare — offer a ton of upfront value and easily offset the card’s $75 annual fee. The companion fare, in particular, is a rare and useful perk that could save you hundreds of dollars. It’s a benefit that also renews automatically each year on your account anniversary, with no minimum spending requirement.
In addition to those perks, the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card also offers:
- 3 miles per dollar spent directly on Alaska Airlines purchases.
- 1 mile per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- The first checked bag free on Alaska Airlines flights for you and up to six other passengers on the same reservation.
- 20% back on in-flight Alaska Airlines purchases like food, beverages and Wi-Fi.
- 50% off day passes for Alaska Airlines lounges.