Holders of the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card who are already planning to pounce on a Prime Day deal now have an extra incentive. The card will earn an additional 1% back — on top of its existing 5% back, for a total of 6% — on eligible purchases made on Amazon.com and at Whole Foods Market during Amazon’s Prime Day event, which runs from July 15 through 16, 2019.
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card has an annual fee of $0, but you have to have an eligible Prime membership, which costs $119 annually ($59 annually for a Prime Student membership).
The card’s normal, non-promotional rewards structure is as follows:
- Earn 5% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market with an eligible Prime membership.
- Earn 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores.
- Earn 1% back on all other spending.
Holders of the Amazon Prime Store Card will also be eligible for an additional 1% back on their Amazon.com purchases made during the promotional period.
Is this a good deal?
If you have this card and were already planning on loading up your Amazon or Whole Foods cart (and if there’s no rush for you on those items), you might as well wait until the Prime Day window to get that extra 1% back — especially if you have your eye on expensive items like electronics or furniture.
But the extra 1% is only for two days, and it doesn’t warrant overspending on something you don’t really need or can find elsewhere for cheaper. As always, make sure to shop around.
The information related to the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card has been collected by NerdWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.