The Citi Premier℠ Card now comes with this welcome bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. (This offer is no longer valid on our site). That’s 10,000 points higher than the previous offer and matches the sign-up bonus the card offered in late summer 2018. The trade-off is that Citi is no longer waiving the first-year annual fee of $95.
As Citi notes, 60,000 points are redeemable for $750 in airfare on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou® Travel Center, or $600 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com. If used to book airfare, the new offer is one of the highest-value sign-up bonuses on a credit card currently available.
The Citi Premier℠ Card will continue to earn:
- 3 ThankYou points per dollar spent on travel (including gas stations).
- 2 points per dollar at restaurants and on entertainment.
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
The card still comes with a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Other attributes of the card remain the same:
Annual fee: $0
- 2 ThankYou points per $1 spent at supermarkets and gas stations (for the first $6,000 spent per year).
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- 10% points back for the first 100,000 ThankYou Points redeemed per year.
Rewards are still rounded up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase.