» This offer has expired
This limited-time offer for the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card expired in April 2019. For current offers, see NerdWallet’s roundup of best credit cards.
For a limited time, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card is giving new cardholders an opportunity to earn an even richer welcome offer than it boasted previously. The new offer from the $0-annual-fee card is structured this way:
- Earn 30,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of opening the account.
- Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus points when you spend $15,000 in your first year of card ownership.
- Terms apply.
- This offer is not available via NerdWallet. You will need to apply directly through Wells Fargo’s digital channels.
Cardholders who meet both bonus thresholds will earn a total of 50,000 bonus points, worth $500 when redeemed for things like cash, travel or gift cards through the Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards portal. Terms apply.
The card’s previous welcome bonus did not offer the opportunity for an additional 20,000 points.
If spending $15,000 in year one is beyond your budget, you can still earn the original 30,000-point welcome bonus if you meet the $3,000 spending threshold within three months. Similarly, if you don’t meet that $3,000 mark in the first three months, you still have a shot at the 20,000 bonus points if your cumulative first-year spending reaches $15,000 or more. Terms apply.
Be aware that the length of the intro APR offer on the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card has decreased by three months. Cardholders now get 0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 9 months, and then the ongoing variable APR.
The rewards structure of the card remains the same, earning 3 Go Far Rewards points per $1 spent on the following categories:
- Eating out and ordering in.
- Gas, rideshares and transit.
- Flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals.
- Popular streaming services.
All other spending earns 1 point per $1 spent. Terms apply.