Embrace pet insurance has coverage available for both dogs and cats. Plans include annual payout limits of $2,000, $5,000, $10,000 and $15,000, with a lifetime limit of $50,000. Pets must be at least 8 weeks old to enroll but once accepted they will be covered for life. Age limits to enroll for dogs are 9 years for mixed and 7 years for purebred. Age limits to enroll for cats are 11 years old for mixed and 9 years old for purebreds.
The company offers quick claims processing and exceptional customer service. But there is a con to going with Embrace: There seems to be confusion when it comes to paperwork submitted by the customer. Overall, Embrace is a solid company that routinely gets high marks among reviewers.
- All spayed or neutered pets receive a 5% discount.
- Customers can choose their own annual maximum, deductible and reimbursement percentage.
- The Wellness Rewards flexible routine care plan covers regular veterinary care, and has no per-item limits.
- Full genetic coverage: No limitations regarding genetic and hereditary conditions.
- Does not cover prosthetic limbs, pregnancy or illness relating to the teeth and/or gums.
Image via iStock.