If you’re looking for the best mortgage lenders in Washington, we’ve done the research. NerdWallet compared the state’s leading lenders, then identified the best ones for a variety of specific loan needs.
Whether you’re shopping for a condo in Seattle, a classic ranch in Spokane or a cash-out refinance in Yakima, these lenders are a solid place to start shopping.
Best Washington mortgage lenders for first-time home buyers
These lenders have FHA and other low down payment home loans to help you buy your first Washington home.
- Is the largest FHA lender in the nation
- A full complement of mortgage products for buying and refinancing
- Rocket Mortgage, from Quicken Loans, allows completion of the mortgage process entirely online
- Quicken Loans review
- Offers a full line of purchase mortgages, including FHA and VA loans
- Has low down payment options that don’t require private mortgage insurance
- Available in all 50 states
- CitiMortgage review
Best online mortgage lenders in Washington
The tools offered by these digitally savvy Washington lenders let you skip the time-consuming meetings and paper forms.
- Biggest online mortgage lender in the U.S.
- Automated process imports employment and income data, credit scores, property information and more
- Gives a loan decision in minutes
- Rocket Mortgage review
- Has hundreds of high marks and positive reviews on sites such as the Better Business Bureau, LendingTree and Yelp
- Boasts a more than 95% customer satisfaction rate
- Provides a digital mortgage platform for both refinance and purchase customers
- Guaranteed Rate review
Best Washington mortgage lenders for government loan programs
These lenders specialize in government loan programs that make home ownership more accessible.
- Largest VA loan purchase lender in the nation
- Offers 24/7 customer service. Partners with veterans from all military branches to improve customer support.
- Provides a suite of other loan products, including FHA, USDA and conventional mortgages
- Veterans United Home Loans review
- Offers a full menu of fixed and adjustable rate home loans and refinancing
- Finds state bond programs for first-time home buyers and limited-income households
- Embraces FHA-backed home loans
- Flagstar Bank review
Best Washington mortgage lenders for refinancing
Want to tap your Washington home’s equity, lower your monthly payment or change your mortgage’s term? These lenders have the refinance options you need.
- Offers a variety of refinance loans and home equity loans
- Is rolling out an $80 million technology upgrade
- Gives discounts and reimbursements for certain closing costs to repeat refinance customers
- LoanDepot mortgage review
- Offers refinance mortgages with no origination fees or broker commissions
- Minimum 620 credit score qualification
- Automated suggestion engine helps find ways to lower a rate
- Lenda review
Best Washington mortgage lenders for weak credit
These Washington lenders have options to help borrowers overcome a low credit score.
- Uses manual underwriting to evaluate borrowers, which allows more flexibility to approve loans
- Offers a broad range of loans, including FHA, fixed-rate and adjustable rate mortgages; minimum score 580
- Offers multiple down payment assistance and grant programs
- New American Funding review
- Specializes in loans to borrowers with lower credit scores, minimum score 500 in some cases.
- Considers alternative credit data, like bank statements and rent payments.
- Free rate locks.
- Vylla review
Best Washington mortgage lenders: summary
- Quicken Loans: First-time home buyers
- CitiMortgage: First-time home buyers
- Rocket Mortgage: Online experience
- Guaranteed Rate: Online experience
- Veterans United: Government loan programs
- Flagstar Bank: Government loan programs
- Loan Depot: Refinancing
- Lenda: Refinancing
- New American Funding: Not-so-great credit
- Vylla: Not-so-great credit
» MORE: Best Seattle mortgage lenders