Get a mortgage preapproval
A mortgage preapproval letter can put you head and shoulders above other buyers who may be interested in the same home as you. Getting preapproved will help you find a mortgage lender who can work with you to find a home loan with an interest rate and other terms suited to your needs.
NerdWallet has researched the major national mortgage lenders to help you quickly find the best one. We recommend comparison shopping with at least three lenders to get a complete picture of your options.
Get started with NerdWallet's top picks
- Quicken Loans is the largest FHA lender in the nation
- Has a 1% down payment program for qualified buyers
- Rocket Mortgage, Quicken's new offering, allows you to complete the process entirely online and gives a loan decision in minutes
- Read our Rocket Mortgage review
- SoFi offers an all-digital lending platform with online application and loan tracking
- Offers a variety of mortgage products, including jumbo and interest-only loans
- No application, origination or other lender fees
- Read our SoFi Mortgage review
- Sindeo offers an elegant interface and an easy application process
- Your application is shopped to multiple lenders at once in minutes with a single credit pull
- A dedicated mortgage advisor helps you navigate the process
- Read our Sindeo review