Staffed by a motley crew of economics and math majors who found themselves thrust into the business world, NerdWallet believes that the analytical mindset, problem-solving skills and technical savvy imparted by STEM fields are invaluable in the private sector. The Best of the Best Credit Card Scholarship supports women studying fields where they are grossly underrepresented, with the strong belief that wherever their studies take them, they will further progress and innovation.
- Please submit your application by March 31st, 2012, at 5:00PM Pacific time. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please type or print legibly. Illegible applications will not be considered.
- You will be notified of your decision by June 30th, 2012.
Offered for the first time in 2012, the Best of the Best Credit Card Scholarship will give $1,000 to an outstanding woman in her sophomore or junior year pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field, business, or economics. The funds may be used for any purpose that furthers the recipient’s college or career goals, and the scholarship is open to any woman at a four-year accredited university, regardless of her citizenship status.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in the sciences, technology, mathematics, engineering, business or economics
- Have sophomore or junior standing at a four-year accredited university
- Proven record of academic performance and passion for her field of study
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Please download and fill out the application above. In addition, please include:
- A cover letter detailing why you believe you are a solid candidate for the scholarship
- One academic reference from a professor in your field of study
- One non-academic reference from your extracurriculars or work
- A copy of your most recent transcript, including grades for fall 2011 (an unofficial transcript is fine)
Please mail all the application materials in one envelope to:
NerdWallet Scholarship Fund
370 Convention Way, 2G
Redwood City, CA 94063
Why women? Women have made strides in any number of fields, but are particularly underrepresented in the sciences and higher-level positions in private companies. NerdWallet is committed to fostering equality and supporting those who take risks.
Why the sciences, econ, and math? Because we’re nerds, that’s why.
Is my major considered a science? If you have to ask, the answer is no.
What will you look for in a candidate? Our ideal candidate is committed to her field of study both inside the classroom and out. She demonstrates leadership potential, a willingness to help others, and a strong analytic mind.
Who will review my application? Someone on the NerdWallet team reviews each application.
When is the deadline? March 31st, 2012 at 5:00P.M.
Are late applications okay? Nope.