Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Check back regularly for updates on the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Best Black Friday Apple deals 2016
This year, the Apple store is hosting a one-day Black Friday sale event on Nov. 25. Mac products won’t be on sale, but shoppers can find an array of Apple-exclusive tech gifts and accessories to complement their iPhone or MacBook.
If your generous gift list is full of Apple products, make sure to mind your credit card balance. In the 2015 holiday season, 44% of Americans incurred debt and took about two months to pay it off. If you’re part of this crowd, make sure to avoid paying interest with the right credit card. NerdWallet’s list of best credit cards for holiday shopping includes cards with 0% interest periods that may last from 9 to 21 months. There are plenty of reasons to stress over the holidays; don’t let credit card interest be one of them.
- Lifeprint photo and video printer for $129.95.
- Ubtech Jimu Robot Meebot kit for $129.95.
- Play-Doh Touch Shape to Life studio for $39.95.
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2 wireless speaker for $199.95.
- Beats Solo3 wireless on-ear headphones in ultra violet for $299.95.
- Roli Live audio control block for $79.95.
For the audiophile on your shopping list, the high-quality Sonos Play:1 and Play:5 wireless speakers are paired with an iTunes gift card. The card is valued at $29.97, which is good purchasing music, movies or a three-month Apple subscription.
Online orders made before 5 p.m. are eligible for free two-day shipping. Store holiday hours vary with each location so visit your nearest one to confirm.
Since Apple products rarely go on sale, when they do, it is usually outside of the Apple store. Mac fans hopeful of finding the latest MacBook Pro on sale at outside retailers may be out of luck, but if you’re hunting for an iPad or the new iPhone 7/7 Plus, there are a few opportunities to grab a deal.
Here are the best places to nab an Apple Black Friday special:
- 20% off all iPod models.
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro starting at $449.
- iPad Air 2 starting at $274.
- iPad mini 2 starting at $199.79.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus for $0 down for qualified Verizon, AT&T and Sprint subscribers.
- Apple Watch Series 1 starting at $198.
- Apple Watch Series 2 starting at $369.99.
» NERDY TIP: Protect your purchase by paying with the right credit card. Some credit cards will pay you the difference if you find a lower price later, extend the product warranty, or protect against loss or damage.
- $125 off all iPad Air 2 models.
- Up to $200 off select MacBook models.
- Buy one, get one 30% off iTunes gift cards.
- Apple Watch Series 1 starting at $219 ($50 savings).
- Up to $250 Best Buy gift card with iPhone 7 installment agreement sign-up with AT&T, Sprint or Verizon.
- iPhone SE starting at $9.99 per month, over 24 months, for qualified AT&T, Sprint and Verizon subscribers.
- 9.7-inch 32GB iPad Pro with Wi-Fi for $549.99 (save $50).
- 12.9-inch 32GB iPad Pro in Space Gray for $729.99 (save $70).
- Apple TV with Siri for $129.99 (save $20).
» MORE: Best Black Friday iPhone 7 Deals
The latest Apple products
This fall, Apple announced its latest crop of new gadgets, including the new MacBook Pro, iPhone 7/7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 2, plus its wireless AirPods, which are not out yet. The new MacBook, iPhone and Apple Watch saw a few changes in design, but both also got a boost in features and performance:
- iPhone 7: For the iPhone 7, Apple proved Mac rumors true by removing the headphone jack and introducing Lightning cable headphones. In addition, the phone’s A10 fusion chip is designed to improve performance and battery life, while a brighter display and forward-facing stereo speakers are meant to make for better video streaming. The iPhone 7 is also water-resistant and comes in a new color, jet black. Price starts at $649.
- iPhone 7 Plus: The bigger iPhone 7 Plus shares attributes with its iPhone 7 sibling, save for the screen size and camera feature. The 7 Plus sports a dual-lens camera; one lens shoots wide angle, while the other is a telephoto lens for shooting long distance. The 7 Plus also has a portrait mode feature to replicate professional-quality images. Price starts at $769.
- Apple Watch Series 2: Water-resistance, built-in GPS and ViewRanger hiking app are a few highlights from the Apple Watch Series 2, in addition to improved-performance graphics chips. Price starts at $369 (the less feature-heavy Apple Watch Series 1 is also available, starting at $269).
- AirPods are Apple’s new wireless earbuds. Wearers can listen to music, talk on calls and activate Siri. The pods will automatically start playing when inserted and pause when taken out. Batteries last five hours, but the fast-charging feature can give users three hours of playback on a 15-minute charge. Price starts at $159.
- MacBook Pro: Apple’s top-of-the-line laptops get an upgrade in design, speed, performance and user experience. The 2016 MacBook Pro is the company’s lightest and slimmest notebook yet, even thinner than the current MacBook Air. A new touch bar replaces the standard function keys at the top of the computer’s keyboard. The 13-inch Pro with the touch bar starts at $1,499, and the 15-inch Pro is available for $2,399.
Best Black Friday Apple deals 2015
Last year, your best bet would have been to check retailers such as Best Buy, Target or Wal-Mart. Some of their best deals for Black Friday 2015:
- If you traded in an iPhone 5 or newer model for a new upgraded iPhone, you could receive a $200 Best Buy gift card. Deal was in-store only with a Verizon, AT&T or Sprint contract.
- Up to $100 discount on Apple 16GB iPads, priced at $499.99, and 128GB iPads, $699.99. Sale lasted through 11:59 p.m. on Black Friday.
- 18% discount on select iMacs and Mac laptops.
- $100 off Apple Watches, at $349.99 to $699.99. Select Apple Watch accessories 50% off.
- 16GB iPhones for $149, 64GB for $249.99, at stores with Target Mobile. Qualified guests signing up for an installment plan received a $250 Target gift card.
- $150 Target gift card with purchase of iPad Air 2 for $499.
- $100 off gold 16GB Wi-Fi Apple iPad Air 2 (in store only).
- iPad Mini 2 for $199 (regularly $268).
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!