Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Check back regularly for updates on the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
If you want to capture holiday memories, you will need to make sure your camera is up to snuff. If it’s time for an upgrade, you might want to hold off until Black Friday to make your selection.
From simple point-and-shoot digital cameras to more sophisticated digital single-lens reflex models with changeable lenses, there are a lot of options out there. For example, we recently compared the Polaroid Zip vs. Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2, which allow you to instantly print from your smartphone to a wireless printer.
As the Black Friday camera deals come out, we’ll be listing them here.
Best Black Friday Camera Deals 2016
DSLR camera deals
Most retailers are selling the same camera models at comparable prices. The best deals we found are ones that include bonus accessories with purchase, such as:
- $499.99 for the Nikon D3400 two-lens DSLR kit, which includes an 18-55 mm lens, a 70-300 mm lens, a 32GB memory card, a case, a Nikon School online class, two batteries and an extended two-year warranty at Costco.
- $499 for the same Nikon D3400 camera bundled with an 18-55 mm lens, a 70-300 mm lens, a bag, a memory card, an extra battery and an extended two-year warranty at Sam’s Club.
- $449.99 for the Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR camera with an 18-55 mm lens, a 75-300 mm lens, a bag and a 32GB memory card at Best Buy.
- Kohl’s has the same Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera for $449.99 bundled with two lenses and a bag, plus you’ll get $135 in Kohl’s Cash with purchase.
Point-and-shoot digital camera deals
Best Buy has a wide selection of point-and-shoot cameras featured in its Black Friday sale, including:
- The Canon Powershot SX530 16-megapixel camera with a free 32GB memory card and a $30 Best Buy gift card for $229.99 (regularly $279.99).
- The Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX80 18.2-megapixel camera with a free battery and a $50 Best Buy gift card for $349.99 (regularly $369.99).
Cameras often have a heftier price tag, so you might want to protect your purchase by paying with the right credit card. Some credit cards will pay you the difference if you find a lower price later, extend the product warranty, or protect against loss or damage.
Best Black Friday Camera Deals 2015
Camera deals weren’t scarce in 2015’s Black Friday sales. Two stores stood out:
Kohl’s sold the Canon EOS Rebel tilt-shift digital SLR at half price. The camera included a bonus bag, 18-55 mm lens and a 75-300 mm lens for $399.99 (regularly $799.99).
Best Buy dished out most of the top camera bargains. Here’s a look back at the electronics store’s highlights:
- $89.99 for the Canon PowerShot ELPH 160 20.0-megapixel digital camera (regularly $119.99).
- 45% off the Nikon Coolpix S7000 16.0-megapixel digital camera, at $149.99.
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR camera with 18-55 mm image stabilization and 55-250 mm IS for $699.99 (regularly $1,099.99).
- Nikon D7100 DSLR camera with 18-55 mm VR and 55-300 mm for $999.99 (regularly $1,699.99).
Both retailers chose Thanksgiving to launch their Black Friday specials, most of which were available online and in stores.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!