The best of Black Friday 2014 is here! Laptop and computer deals are a highlight of Black Friday shopping, and some of the top doorbuster deals of Thanksgiving weekend. Black Friday brings us annually some of the lowest prices on laptops and desktops, and Black Friday 2014 is no different. Check out the below pages for more detailed information on what the best laptop and comptuers deals of Black Friday will be! Don’t forget to read our buying guide at the bottom of this page, too, if you need a little more help making a computer model decision.
Best Black Friday Laptop & Computer Deals by Store
Best Black Friday Laptop & Computer Deals by Brand
Best Black Friday Laptop & Computer Deals by Price Range
Laptop and Computer Deals at $0-$199
Laptop and Computer Deals at $200-$399
Laptop and Computer Deals at $400-$599
Laptop and Computer Deals at $600-$799
Laptop and Computer Deals at $800-$999
Laptop and Computer Deals at $1000+
When buying a laptop, you should consider the following:
- Operating System – Whether you’re a Mac or a PC person, select a laptop that runs on an operating system you enjoy.
- Memory – If you save more to the cloud than your actual computer, storage is not as significant an issue. Nevertheless, be sure to check a laptop’s RAM, as it’s responsible for the data storage from all system software. At least 4GB of RAM is recommended.
- Screen Size – Pick a screen size that is comfortable for you. Take into account visibility, portability and price. The standard sizes are 13-inch, 15-inch, and 17-inch. Laptops with larger screens are typically more expensive.
- Display – A laptop’s display is measured in PPIs, or pixels per inch. The higher the pixel density, the sharper the image quality. Apple MacBooks with Retina displays have high pixel densities.
- Battery Life – Check to see how long the laptop’s battery life is, as well as how long it takes to fully recharge.
- Weight – Weight is a definite consideration when it comes to buying a laptop. If you plan on traveling with it, consider a lightweight model.
- Keyboard – Make sure the keyboard and/or touchpad are comfortable and easy to maneuver.
- Appearance – Laptops are available in a variety of colors and designs. Choose one that is aesthetically and functionally pleasing to you.
Before wading through the sea of laptops that are on the market, know what you need to be looking for. For a college student who values portability and storage, consider a lightweight model with lots of RAM. If portability is not a priority for you, you may prefer a heavier device with a larger screen.
Keyboard and hands image via Shutterstock