NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 24.
Electronics, including TVs of varying screen sizes, are often discounted by hundreds of dollars on Black Friday. That’s why we’re keeping a close eye on TVs this holiday season to see what level of savings retailers will have in store.
But if you want to buy a TV on Black Friday, keep in mind that there are usually a limited number of doorbusters available, especially for the products with the biggest markdowns. You’ll often need to show up at the store early to claim the model you’re eyeing before inventory runs out.
Best Black Friday TV deals 2017
We’re keeping a close eye on TV deals this holiday season. Here are some of the best Black Friday TV deals we’ve found, according to screen size:
- Element 40-inch smart LED TV for $179.99 at Target
- Sharp 50-inch LED smart 4K Ultra HD TV for $179.99 at Best Buy
- Samsung 50-inch LED Smart 4K Ultra HD TV for $399.99 at Best Buy
- Haier 55-inch 4K Ultra HDTV for $299.99 at Kohl’s, plus get $90 in Kohl’s Cash
- LG 55-inch 4K UHD TV for $499.99 at Target
- Samsung 55-inch 4K Ultra HD smart TV for $499.99 at Kohl’s, plus get $150 in Kohl’s Cash
- Samsung 65-inch LED smart 4K Ultra HD TV for $749.99 at Best Buy
In case you’re not satisfied with your TV purchase on Black Friday, get familiar with the store’s return policy so you know how much time you’ll have to make a return or exchange. You’ll also want to brush up on your credit card’s return protection (if it has any), as this could extend the return life of your product.
Best Black Friday TV deals 2016
TVs were prominently displayed in the Black Friday advertisements from Best Buy, Walmart, Target and more major retailers last year.
Here’s a look back at some of the best TV deals from 2016:
- Best Buy: Samsung 55-inch class LED 4K smart Ultra HD TV for $479.99 and Vizio 70-inch class LED 4K Ultra HD with Chromecast for $999.99.
- Walmart: Philips 55-inch 4K LED TV for $298 and Samsung 60-inch class smart 4K TV for $648.
- Target: Samsung 40-inch smart LED TV for $247.99 and Samsung 50-inch smart Ultra HDTV for $397.99.
Saving money during the holiday season can be difficult, but NerdWallet’s tailored advice makes it easier. Sign up for free to reach your savings goal faster.