Best Buy is throwing itself a birthday party, and the party favors are big discounts on tech products like MacBook computers and Beats headphones.
In honor of its 50th birthday on Aug. 22, the technology retailer is kicking off the celebration early with 50 deals for 50 hours. The sale starts at 10 p.m. Central time Thursday, Aug. 18, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central time Saturday, Aug. 20.
This sale is the first-of-its-kind for the electronics store. The idea of a store-created shopping holiday is reminiscent of Prime Day, an event Amazon introduced in July 2015 to celebrate the marketplace’s 20th birthday.
For consumers, Best Buy’s limited-time sale will inject sizable electronics savings into a month that otherwise doesn’t see many tech sales. Here’s a sample of some of the birthday deals:
- Save $150 on select MacBook Pro computers
- Save $400 on a Samsung 4K UHD TV
- Save $180 on Beats Studio Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Save $50 on Garmin Vivosmart HR activity tracker
- Save up to 70% on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and amiibo
- Get an iPhone 6S starting at $1 or an iPhone 6S Plus starting at $99.99 with two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (save $200), or get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
Nearly everything included in this sale is eligible for free, two-day shipping. Most deals will be available both in-store and online. Offers are available while supplies last.
For more tips on shopping at Best Buy, head over to our Best Buy Store Guide.