NerdWallet views and reviews the deals of Black Friday ads for the upcoming shopping holiday. If you have yet to see your favorite store’s ad, more will be coming, so check back! For year-round coupons and deals, too, check out NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
Bon-Ton Black Friday 2014
No ad yet for this year’s sale, but while you’re waiting for our update (keep checking back!), here’s our roundup on last year’s Bon-Ton bargains:
Best Bon-Ton Black Friday Deals From 2013
Department store chain Bon-Ton sells clothing, footwear, jewelry, handbags, furniture and home decor. The retailer, which has locations across the northern United States, urges customers to “come to the right place” for their apparel and home shopping needs.
In 2013, Bon-Ton released a gigantic 80-page Black Friday ad. The huge promotional – packed with over more than doorbusters – proclaimed the discount event as its biggest after-Thanksgiving sale ever. The shopping frenzy wasn’t just reserved for after Thanksgiving, though. Doors opened at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Doorbusters were offered until 2 p.m. Friday. Deal prices – and doorbusters – were also available online all day on Thanksgiving. Besides the ad itself, Bon-Ton made a preview of its upcoming sales available online a few days early for shoppers who wanted to plan ahead. Plus, those who signed up for email and mobile alerts could receive additional special offers.
There were Black Friday Bon-Ton deals on apparel, footwear, bedding, luggage, Christmas decorations, kitchen appliances, jewelry and toys. Here were some of the most valuable deals offered last year:
- Keurig K45 Elite Brewer for $99.97 (regularly $172)
- LivingQuarters Reversible Down-Alternative Comforter for $19.97 (regularly $120-$160)
- KitchenAid Professional 5½-Quart Stand Mixer with Bowl Lift for $249.97 (regularly $425)
- Shark Lift-Around Portable Vacuum for $69.97 (regularly $117)
- Garmin nuvi 40LM GPS Navigation System with Lifetime Maps for $79.97 (regularly $250)
- Norelco SensoTouch 2-D Electric Razor for $59.97 (regularly $240)
- 70% off silver and silver-plate jewelry
- 65% off select brands of luggage
- 60% off entire stock of fashion boots
- 60% off home decor from select brands
- 60% off select table and kitchen linens
- 40-60% off entire stock of coffeemakers
- 50% off leather handbags from The Sak Iris and Deena collections
It’s important to note that some prices were attainable only after a mail-in rebate.
In addition to price cuts, there were coupons. One was for $60 off a ladies’ or men’s regular or sale price coat purchase of $100 or more. Another coupon – this one reusable – guaranteed an extra 25% off most sale price women’s, men’s and kids’ apparel categories from 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. Finally, there was a coupon for $10 off an item of $10 or more valid between 8 p.m. Thursday and 2 p.m. Friday.
Also on Black Friday 2013, Bon-Ton launched its “Give the Gift of a Great Future” campaign. Customers could purchase an exclusive teddy bear for $7, with 100% of the net proceeds going to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Get more deals from clothing stores similar to Bon-Ton. Try checking out JCPenney, Belk, Macy’s and Sears. For a full list of 2014 Black Friday ad scans, check out NerdWallet’s Black Friday ad leaks page.
Bon-Ton store: Mike Kalasnik/Flickr: Source