NerdWallet’s Black Friday ad leak series continues. Take a look at our other ad leaks and keep visiting for more reviews like this one. For year-round coupons and deals, too, check out NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
Cabela’s Black Friday 2014
We’ve finally caught Cabela’s Black Friday ad! Look through the 28-page ad below to find your next outdoor gear and equipment. Happy hunting!
Best Cabela’s Black Friday Deals From 2013
Outdoor specialty outfitter Cabela’s is a provider of hunting, fishing and camping gear. The retailer sells apparel, footwear and other essentials for all sorts of adventurous activities.
Last year, Cabela’s released a 28-page Black Friday ad full of deals upon deals. Featured products ranged from rifles to clothing and lots more in between.
As if the sheer number of sales wasn’t enough, Cabela’s also rewarded early-bird customers with a special promotion: The first 600 people in line at each store by opening time on Black Friday received one of six giveaway prizes. These prizes included a GoPro camera and a $100 Cabela’s Gift Card. Altogether, more than $8,700 was given away.
Cabela’s opened its doors at 5 a.m. Black Friday, but some discounted prices lasted for several days after the huge holiday shopping event.
Throughout the pages of the Cabela’s Black Friday ad were impressive markdowns. Some especially great deals were the five-hour-only specials. These discounts took place from 5 to 10 a.m. Black Friday – while supplies lasted. Shoppers who were early enough could stock up on items such as a rifle, a recliner or a sweatshirt. Some of the highlights:
- Cabela’s Seclusion 3D Recliner with Power for $299.99 (save $300)
- Cabela’s Vault Bar Fridge for $249.99 (save $180)
- 40% off accessories for the family
- Simmons 20-60×60 Spotting Scope Kit for $39.99 (save $70)
- 50% off Cabela’s Logo Hoodies
- Provault 24 Safe with Door Panel for $499.99 (save $150)
- Cabela’s Heated Performance Gloves or Socks for $99.99 (save $100)
- Ruger 10/22 LaserMax Rifle for $249.99 (save $100)
- Remington Model 700 ADL Wood Tech Combo for $499.99 (save $100)
For those who missed out on these huge early discounts, the savings weren’t over. After the first four pages of discounts, the other 24 pages of the ad were devoted to promotional prices for the remainder of Black Friday, as well as into the weekend and beyond. Some of the best longer-lasting deals:
- Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 850 Rangefinder 10×42 Binoculars Combo for $149.99 (save $60)
- Hornady Sonic Cleaner for 99 cents (save $99)
- Stack-On 18-Gun Convertible Cabinet for $149.99 (save $100)
- Trailblazer 30 Safe by Liberty for $999.99 (save $200)
- Buy one, get one half off on Under Armour socks
Overall, Cabela’s ad featured a wide variety of products as well as a nice combination of both big-ticket and smaller items. As long as shoppers were aware of the limited time frame on some of the advertised promotions, they could score some boast-worthy deals.
Want more outdoor products? Try seeing what these stores have to offer: Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops and Sports Authority. For a full list of 2014 Black Friday ad scans, check out NerdWallet’s Black Friday ad leaks page.
Cabelas store: daveynin/Flickr: Source