NerdWallet’s news and reviews of the 2014 Black Friday ads continue. We aim to provide you with a comprehensive look at the ads to your favorite stores and help you out with determining the deals from the duds. For year-round coupons and deals, too, check out NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
Fred’s Super Dollar Black Friday 2014
The Fred’s Super Dollar ad for this year has finally surfaced! Take a look at the deals this year in the store’s two-page ad scan below:
Best Fred’s Super Dollar Black Friday Deals From 2013
Fred’s Super Dollar is a Southeast-based discount store chain. The retailer offers customers an assortment of groceries, home supplies and pharmaceutical products at reduced prices.
In 2013, Fred’s Super Dollar released a four-page Black Friday ad. In an impressive display for a discount retailer, the store’s featured items included everything from a tablet to toys. Although lacking in any of the season’s must-have or big-ticket items, the sheer variety of merchandise demonstrated that Fred’s Super Dollar was poised to compete with more established retailers on the most exciting shopping day of the year. Doors opened at 5 a.m. on Black Friday. Deals were valid all day long, with the best selections available early.
The 2013 Fred’s Super Dollar Black Friday ad was divided according to category. This included discounts on electronics, toys, home products, sleepwear, guy gifts and Christmas decorations. Some standout price cuts across these departments:
- Polaroid 9-Inch Internet Tablet for $89 (save $30.95)
- Craig Jukebox for $59.95 (save $20)
- Polaroid MP3 Player Value Pack for $15 (save $9.95)
- Wooden Rocker for $49.94 (save $10)
- Elite 3.5-Quart Deep Fryer for $19.95 (save $10)
- Dirt Devil Lightweight Bagless Vacuum for $19.95 (save $15)
- Comfort Zone Electric Stove Style Heater for $59.95 (save $20)
- 7-Foot Un-lit Christmas Tree for $15 (save $15)
- Fire Pit 28-Inch for $29.95 (save $10)
- 50% off selection of toys
- 50% off select ornaments
- 50% off entire stock of comforter sets (save up to $34.98)
- Buy one, get one half off on entire stock of sleepwear
Despite all of these deals, shoppers should be aware that Fred’s Super Dollar has a history of repeating many of the same products and product categories in its Black Friday ads from year to year. Some deal finders were disappointed to see what appeared to be a return of several 2012 products, including the stainless-steel deep-fryer. Nonetheless, the store provided bargain hunters with a nice selection of reasonably priced items, even if some of these discounts were tried-and-true.
After the seasonal holiday shopping spectacular was over, the company reported its November 2013 sales. According to a Fred’s Super Dollar news release, the store’s total sales for the month were $151.5 million. This was a 1% increase from the $150.3 million for November 2012.