Kohl’s Black Friday 2014
The massive, 64-page Black Friday ad for 2014 has finally been leaked by Kohl’s. Take a look at the bonuses and discounts from this year’s sale and prime yourself for some fruitful holiday-season shopping! Then, scroll down to check out our analysis of the deals:
This year’s Black Friday ad from Kohl’s features more than 500 deals across 64 pages. You’ll find bargains on electronics, accessories, appliances and home essentials. Stores open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and stay open until midnight Friday. The sale continues Saturday from 7 a.m. to midnight. (Some hours may vary by location, so make sure to check at your local store.) If you’re looking to shop online, sales begin early, running through 3 p.m. Central time Friday.
If you’re a Kohl’s regular, here’s a great benefit of choosing the nationwide retailer this Black Friday: Consumers who spend at least $50 during Nov. 24-30 will earn $15 in store credit (Kohl’s cash) to use the next week, Dec. 1-8. Take advantage of this handy offer if you’re planning on spreading your shopping across the next few weeks.
Like other major department stores, including Target and Sears, Kohl’s is offering a broad selection of bargains on electronics. Among its limited-quantity doorbusters, you can find the great offer of a 32-inch Direct LED HDTV for only $99.99, compared with its regular price of $199.99.
Headphones and speakers feature prominently in the ad, including the following bargains:
- Beats Pill 2.0 Bluetooth speaker: $179.99 (regularly $199.99)
- Sony Studio Monitor stereo headphones: $9.99 (regularly $24.99)
- Sony Extra Bass headphones: $29.99 ($69.99)
- Innovative Technology 40-inch Bluetooth tower speaker: $39.99 (regularly $99.99)
Other assorted electronics include deals on cameras, printers, tablets and video consoles. Here are some of the best in each category:
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 135: $79.99 (regularly $119.99, usually $99 on Amazon)
- HP Deskjet 2544 all-in-one printer: $29.99 (regularly $79.99)
- Zeki 7-inch Android tablet with Google Play: $49.99 (regularly $99.99)
- Xbox One: $329.99 (regularly $399.99)
- GPX DVD player: $19.99 (regularly $39.99)
- LG Blu-ray disc player with built-in Wi-Fi: $49.99 (reguarly $99.99)
You’ll find great prices on kitchen appliances in the home department. Pick up the KitchenAid classic stand mixer for only $199.99 (regularly $349.99, sale $249.99) and get an additional $45 in Kohl’s cash, or get the KitchenAid Pro 600 stand mixer for $399.99 (regularly $549.99, sale $449.99) and earn $90 in Kohl’s cash.
Other deals include blenders, cookware, glassware and knives:
- Ninja master prep professional blender: $39.99 (regularly $79.99, sale $59.99)
- Ninja Ultima blender with dual-stage blending technology: $199.99 (regularly $379.99)
- Cuisinart or Food Network 10-piece ceramic cookware set: $89.99 (regularly $179.99)
- Farberware 15- or 22-piece stainless-steel knife set: $19.99 (regularly $69.99 or $99.99)
- 30-piece glassware set: $19.99 (regularly $49.99-$59.99)
Looking to pick up kitchen supplies for even less? Check out the following items, priced at only $9.99 a piece:
- 16-cup rice cooker
- 275-watt hand mixer
- Belgian waffle maker
- 3-in-1 can opener
- 550-watt blender
- 2-slice toaster
- quesadilla maker
- 12-cup coffeemaker
And if that weren’t a good enough deal, you can also pick up some items for only $4.99:
- 5-cup coffeemaker
- Mini dipper
- 20-oz. blender
- 2-slice toaster
Whether you’re shopping for the men, women or kids in your life, you can find dozens of deals on clothing, including categorywide markdowns and items for less than $20 (or even $10):
- All bras from Bali, Vanity Fair, Warner’s, Maidenform, Playtex Secrets, Olga, Barely There, Lily of France, Lilyette, Wonderbra, Apt. 9 and Simply Vera Vera Wang: $14.99
- All active and fitnesswear: 30-60% off
- Croft & Barrel, Apt. 9 and Sonoma Life + Style women’s sweaters: $9.99
- All women’s sportswear from Croft & Barrel, Apt. 9 and Sonoma Life + Style: 60-70% off
- All outerwear (except Columbia Sportswear): 60-70% off
- Knit tops for juniors (select styles): $6.99
- Mudd and SO basic jeans for juniors: $9.99
- Girls’ dresses, collections, playwear, sweaters, fleece, sleepwear and gifts (select styles): 50-60% off
- Men’s flannel sport shirts from Croft & Barrow: $9.99
- All Dockers men’s solid comfort touch sweaters: $19.99 (regularly $55)
- All Croft & Barrow men’s broadcloth dress shirts: $8.99 (regularly $32)
Don’t forget to check out these deals in accessories:
- Rosetti crossbody bags $14.99 (originally $39)
- Disney “Frozen” jewelry: $14.99 (originally $60)
- Timex watches: $29.99 (originally $54.95)
- All women’s handbags and wallets: 60% off
- Apt. 9 women’s fashion scarves: $12.99 (originally $26-$32)
- Apt. 9 women’s pashmina scarves: $7.99 (regularly $20)
- Select Citizen watches: $89.99 (originally $200-$300)
- Apt. 9 leather gloves with touchpoint technology: $9.99 (originally $50)
Some of the best bargains in jewelry include earrings, necklaces and bracelets in the $11.99, $14.99 and $16.99 price categories. A cultured pearl necklace and earrings set is going for $29.99, compared with its regular price of $130 and sale price of $37.49. You’ll also find a 40-50% discount on all watches, including kids’ and adult styles with brands including Timex and Casio.
Looking for footwear? All slippers, socks, leggings and tights are 50-60% off. Athletic shoes are marked down 30-60%. Pick up a pair of dress or casual boots in the women’s or juniors department for $29.99 (regularly $79.99-$99.99). You can also find some juniors boots for even less, at $19.99, as well as SO Beta and RHO juniors ankle boots for $16.99.
Although Black Friday isn’t usually known for toy sales, you’ll find some great deals in Kohl’s toy department this year. Among the best offers: Barbie and Monster High dolls will sell for $6.99 apiece, while an 80-piece Mega Bloks First Builders set is going for only $9.99 (regularly $19.99).
Other toy bargains include:
- 50% off all toys (including Playskool, Fisher-Price, Little Tikes, Barbie, Monster High, Hot Wheels and more)
- Black Series 2-pack boxing robots: $24.99 ($69.99)
- Black Series remote-controlled Thunder Tumbler car: $9.99 (regularly $29.99)
- Black Series Vengeance remote-controlled car: $24.99 (regularly $69.99)
- Remote-controlled cars and helicopters (select styles): 55% off
- Discovery Kids laptop: $19.99 (regularly $39.99)
The home is another area for low prices. Kohl’s is offering 50-70% off on all rugs. Worried your old vacuum might not be up to the job of keeping your new rug clean? Get 20-50% off on all floor care appliances. Some highlights of the sale include the Shark Deluxe for $49.99 (regularly $99.99) and the Hoover WindTunnel 2 Pet Rewind bagless vacuum: $89.99 (regularly $169.99). You’ll also find 30% off Dyson products, including the DC65, DC59 and DC40 models.
When it comes to home décor, get 60% off accent furniture. You’ll find great deals in the department, including counter-height stools and 3-tier rolling storage carts for $49.99 (both regularly priced at $129.99).
Black Friday is also the perfect time to stock up on supplies for your bathroom and bedroom. Bath towels from The Big One are selling for only $2.99 instead of $9.99, while Apt. 9 bath towels are priced at $5.99, compared with their regular $17.99. For the kids, you can get licensed character bath wraps at $9.99 a piece instead of $24.99.
Pick up some new bedding at a discount. The 5-piece comforter and bonus sheet set from Rampage is selling for less than a third of its original price, marked down from $99.99 to $29.99. You’ll also get 75% off all Cuddl Duds Home flannel and fleece sheet sets and find all other sheet sets at discounts up to 80%. The Big One standard/queen bed pillows go for $3.99 apiece, instead of their regular price of $11.99. Throws are 60-70% off, and you can pick up The Big One plush throws for $8.99 each.
Other deals include:
- Biddeford heated mattress pad or heated plush blanket: $29.99 (regularly $99.99-$119.99)
- Serta 14-inch raised queen air mattress: $49.99 (regularly $99.99)
Finally, here are the best miscellaneous bargains:
- Celestron 114-mm reflector telescope: $79.99 (regularly $199.99)
- All personal care (includes electric toothbrushes, humidifiers, sewing machines and hair irons): 20-50% off
- All color kits from Colour Couture, The Color Institute, Simple Pleasure and ELLE: 40-50% off
Best Kohl’s Black Friday Deals From 2013
Department store Kohl’s sells a wide range of clothing for women, men and kids, as well as electronics, toys and supplies for the home.
If you’re looking for bargains, Kohl’s is a great destination for Black Friday savings. Last year, Kohl’s featured a 64-page ad with more than 500 deals. Shopper could find great deals on clothing, electronics, jewelry and home décor. The retailer even gave away a $15 Kohl’s cash bonus for every $50 a shopper spent in the store.
In the clothing department, Kohl’s offered discounts on a range of items and accessories:
- Women’s sleepwear & loungewear: 50-60%
- Women’s slippers: 50-60%
- Women’s handbags and wallets: 60%
- All women’s outerwear: 60-70%
- Men’s long-sleeved and sports shirts: 55-60%
- All men’s outerwear: 60-70%
- Girls’ dresses, playwear, sweaters, fleece and sleepwear: 60%
- All fall and holiday sweaters and fleece: 50-55%
- All outerwear: 40-55%
- Active and fitness wear: 30-60%
A look at the best item-specific deals reveals some great bargains on casual and dress boots ($29.99), juniors’ boots ($19.99) and Mud basic denim bottoms for juniors ($9.99).
Shoppers looking for jewelry and watches found the following discounts:
- All fine jewelry: 55-60% off (plus an additional 20% off on all fine silver jewelry)
- All fashion jewelry: 40-60% off
- All watches: 40-55% off
- Select watches for $99.90 (regularly $200–$280)
Some highlights of the electronics bargains include the Xbox 360 (4GB) selling for only $139.99 and pill speakers from Beats by Dr. Dre priced at $149.99. Consumers looking for a new HDTV could snap up a 32-inch Apex LED HDTV for a mere $139.99 and easily build a movie collection, with select DVDs selling at a mere $1.99.
Black Friday isn’t usually the best time to buy toys, since prices drop closer to the holidays, but with a 50% discount, Kohl’s offered an excellent deal on items from Fisher-Price, Hot Wheels, Playskool, Little Tikes and more.
When it came to items for the home, Kohl’s offered some unbeatable bargains. Compared with the 25% discount at Sears, Kohl’s offered 33% off on all Dyson floor care. Other bargains included bedding and décor:
- 60% off holiday trim candles and decor
- 60% off accent furniture
- 50-70% off all bedding sets
- 75% off home classics flannel and fleece sheet sets
- 50-80% off sheet sets
- 60% off all memory foam bed pillows and mattress toppers
- 50-70% all accent area and kitchen rugs and doormats
- 20-piece bedding set for $99.99 (originally $399.99)
For similar deals and comparable inventory, shoppers should consider visiting Kmart, Target and Sears. For a full list of 2014 Black Friday ad scans, check out NerdWallet’s Black Friday ad leaks page.
Written by Melinda Szell
Kohl’s store via Shutterstock