NerdWallet is committed to sorting out the deals from the duds in this year’s Black Friday ads. If you don’t spot the store you’re fond of, check back again soon! For year-round coupons and deals, too, check out NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
Olympia Sports Black Friday 2014
Olympia Sports has released its Black Friday ad. Check out this year’s deals in the 12-page ad scan below:
Best Olympia Sports Black Friday Deals From 2013
Sports retailer Olympia sells apparel, footwear and other sporting goods at its more than 200 stores throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
Last year, Olympia Sports offered a three-day Black Friday sale. Most stores opened at 5 a.m. Friday, but a limited number kicked off the sale early, with doors opening at midnight on Thanksgiving. Doorbusters were available until 3 p.m. Friday, including the following deals on clothing and shoes for men, women and children:
- Men’s, women’s and kids’ Under Armour Battle hooded sweatshirts: 25% off
- Kids’ UA Micro G Gridiron Shoes: $49.99 ($30 off)
- Bearpaw Marissa boots: $39.99 (50% off)
- Dasics GEL-Envigor and Exalt shoes: $39.95 (up to $45 off)
- Men’s Air Max Body U basketball shoes: $95
- Men’s KO & Club Fleece hooded sweatshirts and pants: buy one, get one $2.99
- Select team hats: buy one, get one for 99 cents
For shoppers who missed the 3 p.m. cutoff, the following discounts were available all weekend:
- Bearpaw boots: 33% off
- AND1 Thunder shoes: $19.99 (60% off)
- NCAA Prestige by Wilson and NBA Game Ball Replica by Spalding basketballs: 50% off
- Men’s, women’s and kids’ Nike Fleece: buy one, get one 50% off
The ad also included a coupon for 20% of any one item (with some exceptions) and could be used any time during the three-day sale.
Last year’s specials were similar to those offered the year before, including the three-day coupon for 20% off. The majority of deals featured clothing and shoes, while a limited number offered discounted sports supplies, such as the 47-inch Paricon Snow Screamer sled (marked down 50% to $19.99) in 2012 and the Ski-doo freestyle 2 sled in 2013 ($49.99 instead of $124.99).
For other sporting goods and outdoor apparel, shoppers should check out Dick’s Sporting Goods, Big 5 Sporting Goods, REI, Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mountain. For a full list of 2014 Black Friday ad scans, check out NerdWallet’s Black Friday ad leaks page.
Written by Melinda Szell