Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2015 Black Friday ad leaks this season from your favorite stores. For announcements about the best holiday deals around, check back regularly before you start shopping. For year-round sales, use NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
Black Friday Deals on DSLRs and Other Digital Cameras
Black Friday is the time to get those pricey items you’ve been eyeing all year. As far as cameras go, when you want to graduate from smartphone-camera clicker to practicing photographer, these holidays shopping weekends are a good time to make your investment. We went through stores’ offers on DSLRs by Canon and Nikon as well as point-and-shoot digital cameras to find the best deals this Black Friday.
First a note on the jargon. SLR and DSLR are one and the same. DSLR stands for a digital single-lens reflex, which means it combines the optics and mechanisms of a single-reflex lens with that of a digital image sensor, bringing you that high-quality photograph in an instant, instead of needing to develop film. The best deals on DSLRs we found were at Best Buy.
Best Deals on DSLRs
Best Buy takes the cake when it comes to SLR and DSLR cameras this year. See our highlights below on the types of cameras and the discounts this retailer is offering on Black Friday:
- Nikon D3300 DSLR camera with 18-55 mm and 55-200 mm vibration-reduction lenses for $499.99 (regularly $999.99)
- Nikon D7100 DSLR camera with 18-55 mm VR and 55-300 mm for $999.99 (regularly $1,699.99)
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR camera with 18-55 mm image stabilization and 55-250 mm IS for $699.99 (regularly $1,099.99)
Another great place to get a good camera on sale is Kohl’s. The best deal (50% off) is on the Canon EOS Rebel tilt-shift digital SLR. The camera comes with a bag, a 18-55 mm lens and a 75-300 mm lens for $399.99 (regularly $799.99).
Biggest Savings on Digital Cameras
If it’s a point-and-shoot camera you want, Best Buy again is the retailer we found to have the biggest discounts on digital cameras. Here are some of the deals:
- Canon PowerShot SX710 HS 20.3-megapixel digital camera is $249.99, a $100 discount
- Nikon Coolpix S7000 16.0-megapixel digital camera is $149.99, a 45% discount
- $180 off the Canon PowerShot SX530 HS digital camera
- $89.99 for the Canon PowerShot ELPH 160 20.0-megapixel digital camera (regularly $119.99)
Be sure to check the store’s website or the Black Friday ads themselves — many offers on these cameras do not accept coupons or any other deals. Many of the cameras also come with a free memory card, case or camera bag.
Shopping with a credit card? Save even more with these handy tips.
Shop & Compare Credit Cards:
Man holding camera image via Shutterstock