Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2015 Black Friday ad leaks this season from your favorite stores! For announcements about the best holiday deals around, check back regularly before you start shopping. For year-round sales, use NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
The backstory of Keurig coffee makers — those that use pods of coffee rather than traditional brew pots — tells how they were born out of one man’s frustration with office coffee that was brewed and sat for hours. John Sylvan co-founded the company with his college roommate in 1992 and since then the way some Americans make their coffee has changed drastically. Last year, Keurig was named one of the 500 most valuable global brands by Brand Finance.
Brands and models
Black Friday deals on the coffee makers aren’t hard to find, though many retailers are opting to discount Black & Decker and Mr. Coffee brands. But we downed a couple of cups of joe to go through all of the ads and find the best Black Friday deals on Keurig models. To figure out which model is best for you, read our article on the K45 vs. the K40 or the K350 vs. the K450.
K45 Elite Brewer
This model keeps coffee drinkers quickly brewing their favorite varieties with features like a built-in water filter, a height-adjustable drip tray and a removable reservoir. This coffee maker accepts K-Cups, whether made by Keurig or not. Brewing a cup of coffee in this model takes only about one minute. Here are some retailers putting the Elite Brewer on discount for Black Friday:
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: $59.99 ($109.99)
- Shopko: $79.99 (regularly $199.99)
- Bon-Ton: $87.97 plus a $25 gift card and 12-count pack of K-Cups (regularly $89.97 for just the elite brewer)
- Macy’s: $89.99 and a $15 gift card is awarded after a mail-in (regularly $119.99)
- Kohl’s: $89.99 (regularly $119.99)
If you’re looking for a Keurig, your efforts are better spent outside Target, where the discount is only 18% on the pod coffee makers.
K40 Elite Single Brewer
This model is similar to the K45 in most aspects except one: There is no built-in water filter. If you feel that’s something you can live without, these Keurigs go for slightly less. Here is a Black Friday deal we found on the K40:
- Best Buy: $79.99 plus a $15 Best Buy gift card (regularly $119.99)
B130 Desk Pro
This model is ideal for the office or for hospitality. The coffee maker brews an 8-ounce cup in about three minutes and is one of Keurig’s more low-maintenance machines. Here’s a deal we found on the B130:
- Overstock.com: $67.99 (28% discount, regularly $79.99)
Black Friday is a good opportunity to stock up on your coffee pods too. Here are some deals we found on Keurig and other pods:
- Kohl’s: $8.99 for 16 pods (regularly $11.99)
- Bon-Ton: $9.97 for 16-18 count of K-Cups (regularly $22.50)
- Bon-Ton: $23.97 for 40-48 count of variety pack of K-Cups (regularly $55)