While there are still plenty of shoppers determined to rush into the brick and mortar stores on Black Friday, plenty more just want the online Black Friday deals without the cold or the early hours involved in the shopping frenzy. During the past few years, retailers have increasingly begun to cater to these shoppers.
Online Black Friday sales offer many benefits to customers, including:
- No waiting in line.
- No fighting crowds of shoppers for a scarce supply of products.
- No time lost driving around to different stores.
- Easier to find and get your hands on desired products.
Early Online Black Friday Deals Revealed
Most stores have yet to reveal their online Black Friday deals, but a few have already done so—or are at least giving us some big hints. Check these deals out to get started on making your shopping list:
Lowe’s hasn’t explicitly revealed which items it will offer big online Black Friday savings on, but the company has provided silhouettes as a teaser on their Pinterest account. It appears that items include a kitchen mixer, barbeque grill, vacuum, drill, patio heat lamp, tool set, and more. While the store hasn’t said when the items will be revealed, its Pinterest page notes that prices will be displayed starting November 4.
Sale start date: Thanksgiving morning at 4am EST.
While currently being elusive about the online sales the company plans to offer, 6pm does provide a few hints. The Black Friday teaser on their website lists brands including UGG, Frye, Nine West, Dansko, New Balance, and Sperry Top-Sider. It also hints they’ll be sales on outerwear, premium denim, and hiking and running shoes.
Sale start date: Thanksgiving evening at 9pm PST
In a press release, the Bon-Ton announced some of the hottest deals that will be available both in-store and online. Offers include:
- LivingQuarters reversible down-alternative comforters for $19.97 (any size)
- LivingQuarters flannel twin, fleece and cold weather performance sheet sets ($14.97)
- $19.97 Ladies Rampage boots (8 styles)
- 40% to 60% off all coffee makers
- $249.97 for KitchenAid professional 5.5 quart stand mixer with bowl lift
- 65% off luggage from Samsonite, American Tourister, Calvin Klein, Delsey and more
- $39.97 Farberware champagne dishwasher safe 12pc cookware set (after $10 rebate)
- Free rolling weekender bag, coming with any cosmetics or fragrance item worth $65 or more, plus 15% off celebrity fragrance gift sets
- $19.97 for Ladies Calvin Klein Performance fleece jackets or vests
- Buy 1, Get 2 Free Men’s Sportswear brands Ruff Hewn, John Bartlett Consensus, and/or Field & Stream.
Online doorbusters begin at 6am on November 27 and last until supplies run out. These include:
- $179.97 Fujifilm FinePix S4800 16MP camera bundle (53.8% off)
- $29.97 Calvin Klein boots (up to 84.9% off)
- $19.97 for sports throws of MLB, NFL or NHL teams (100+ teams) (up to 71.5% off)
Sale start date: Online doorbusters begin at 6am on November 27.
More stores will begin to reveal their online Black Friday deals in the coming weeks.
Savvy Black Friday Online Shopping
The popularity of Black Friday online shopping continues to rise each year. A survey conducted by Accenture revealed that 30 percent of people plan to do their Black Friday shopping from home this year, up from 25 percent last year. Here’s another way to look it: according to National Retail Federation reports, 40.7% of total weekend spending was online during Black Friday weekend 2012, which was up from 37.8% in 2011.
The growing competition with other online shoppers makes it more important than ever to be smart with your purchases. Don’t be surprised if you think you’ve managed to get a highly coveted item at a great price, only to receive an email later that the store had an incorrect inventory count and your order won’t finish processing.
Enjoy your crowd-free online Black Friday shopping!
Online Shopping image courtesy of Shutterstock.