NerdWallet continues on its mission to share the year’s most anticipated Black Friday ad scans. Look for major discounts from all of your favorite retailers – we’ll be adding more as they become available.
Sprint Black Friday 2013
The Sprint Black Friday ad scan is out, and it only has two items! Sprint is keeping their Black Friday 2013 ad short and sweet this year – the single-page promotion features very special deals on two in-demand items, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Not surprisingly, these bargains come with one catch – they’re only available to customers who sign up for data plans as well, which is pretty standard for these types of offers. At discounts of $250 and $99.99, respectively (the S4 Mini is free with contract), these Black Friday specials are well worth checking out.
Sprint Black Friday Ad Scans
Sprint Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Sprint’s Black Friday 2013 ad combines high-quality, popular items with truly outstanding discounts. For starters, the sleek Galaxy Tab 3 will be marked down to $49.99, a $250 savings from its original price.
Believe it or not, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini actually manages to beat that deal – Sprint will give shoppers the S4 Mini for free with the purchase of a data plan. The popular smartphone – available in white or black – is normally priced at $99.99, making this one of the year’s most exciting Black Friday discounts.
These two items are the only Sprint Black Friday 2013 deals we know of for now, but we’ll keep you posted if any more are released!
Best Sprint Black Friday Deals from 2012
Shoppers looking to trade up their smartphone (or give the hottest mobile device as a gift) probably already expected to make a beeline for their nearest Sprint retailer on Black Friday. The company set an impressive standard in 2011 when they slashed prices on six of their most popular phones by an average of 53.7% and sustained that momentum last year by offering shoppers 75% off one of their most popular products: the Samsung Galaxy S III.
The centerpiece of Sprint’s 2012 Black Friday sale, available in stores through that day only (plus a day earlier online), was the $150 price reduction of the Samsung Galaxy S III, marked down to a low $49.99 from its original price of $199.99. Sprint drastically shifted its approach from 2011, with their ad focusing solely on the S III’s price cut, but also expanded the sale to Thanksgiving Day and the days following Black Friday. Here’s a closer look at that sale’s availability:
- On November 22, Sprint offered a special online discount on the 16 GB Galaxy S III: $49.99 after mail-in rebate with a two-year contract. Customers could also grab the Galaxy Victory or Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE for free with contract.
- On Black Friday, the online discount was extended to in-store sales, letting shoppers take advantage of the S III, Victory and Nexus deals at brick-and-mortar locations.
- Finally, Sprint’s offer of a free Galaxy Victory or Galaxy Nexus (with $50 mail-in rebate) was extended through Sunday of the Black Friday weekend, giving some shoppers a break from the pandemonium of actually showing up that Friday.
On top of those price reductions, Sprint also waived the activation fee on all 3G and 4G tablets.
While plenty of shoppers got excited about the S III’s major price cut, Sprint wasn’t the only brand to offer a tremendous savings on a popular phone with signup. It’s hard to argue that $49.99 beats “practically free” – sorry Sprint:
- Verizon offered a special “Cranberry” colored version of its Droid RAZR 4G LTE for free with contract.
- AT&T gave away the iPhone 4 (then valued at $450) for $0.99 with a two-year agreement.
- T-Mobile offered discounts on just about all varieties of the Samsung Galaxy 4G smartphones. Additionally, T-Mobile took some of the pressure off of shoppers, extending their deals through December 20.
Sprint Black Friday Store Hours
Sprint store photo from Shutterstock.