Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Hunters and outdoorsmen have five hours to snag the biggest savings on Cabela’s outdoor gear, according to this year’s Black Friday ad.
Cabela’s 2016 Black Friday deals
From camping equipment to camouflage gear, shoppers have five hours to pick up the store’s doorbuster deals, starting at 5 a.m. on Black Friday.
The ad we grabbed had specifics for stores in Hoffman Estates, Ill., and Hammond, Ind., so be sure to check out your local store for more details. But for those stores, the first 600 shoppers in line are eligible for prizes ranging from hunting rifles to store gift cards. If you want to avoid the Black Friday lines, most of the featured deals are valid through Wednesday, Nov. 30.
Black Friday doorbuster sales include:
- 20% off Remington pistol ammo (after $5 mail-in rebate).
- Danner men’s 8-inch Pronghorn hunting boots for $99.99 (regularly $209.99).
- Quantum Energy PT casting reel for $74.99 (regularly $149.99).
- Select men’s, women’s and kids’ Herter’s hunting apparel for 60% off.
- Quadrone Modulus drone for $99.99 (regularly $199.99).
- Men’s and women’s weatherproof base layers starting at $7.99 (regularly $29.99).
Don't pay interest on your holiday credit card balance. Find the best 0% card for you.
- 44% of shoppers carry credit card debt after the holidays
- If you need to carry a balance make sure to put it on a low interest card
Deals valid throughout Thanksgiving weekend included binoculars, camping equipment and apparel:
- Select The North Face jackets starting as low as $69.99 (regularly $95) through Nov. 28.
- Up to 50% off select men’s, women’s and kids’ Cabela’s hunting apparel.
- $200-$350 off select Swarovski hunting binoculars and rifle scopes.
- 25% off all Camp Chef stoves (starting at $74.99).
- 25% off select Sorel footwear in men’s, women’s and kids’ styles through Nov. 28.
Rewards members earn up to $100 in Cabela’s Bucks on select gun and apparel in-store purchases.
To stay updated on Cabela’s specials and promotions, you can sign up for Cabela’s email newsletter and a chance to win a $500 gift card.
Cabela’s 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, shoppers at the outdoor gear retailer didn’t have to hunt far for big discounts, including doorbuster deals on apparel, guns, meal prep and food storage equipment, and accessories.
Some highlights from the 28-page ad:
- 25% off all North Face men’s Canyonlands and women’s Agave jackets.
- Columbia outerwear for $99.99-$169.99 (regularly $150-$250).
- 30% to 50% off all camo apparel.
- $399.99 for a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard revolver (regularly $499.99).
- $150 off a Benelli Super Vinci semi-automatic shotgun.
- $949.99 for a Savage Arms 112 Magnum target bolt-action rifle (regularly $1,029).
Cabela’s online customers found the same deals, but in-store shoppers had access to more promotions, such as Cabela’s bucks for December purchase (for example, a North Face apparel purchase granted you $20 in Cabela’s bucks) or the store’s famous giveaways.
The first 600 people in line to enter the store had a chance to win gifts, such as:
- $100 Cabela’s gift cards.
- Boss Audio portable speaker.
- Winchester XPR bolt-action rifle combo ($639.99 value).
- Zeiss Terra ED 8-by-42 binoculars ($399.99 value).
The sale lasted from 5 to 10 a.m. on Black Friday, so shoppers looking for the best deals were advised to arrive early. Some deals didn’t apply at all locations, so this year, it would be wise to check with your local store before your shopping excursion. Cabela’s also offered a special layaway program through Dec. 24.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!