Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
CVS’ Black Friday deals are available online and in stores starting on Thanksgiving Day and continuing through Saturday, Nov. 26.
CVS Pharmacy 2016 Black Friday deals
Most of the drugstore’s promos apply only for CVS Extra Rewards cardholders, including specials on groceries, beauty products, toys and holiday items.
Here’s a sample:
- Buy one, get one free holiday ornaments, Christmas lights, select toys and “As Seen on TV” products.
- 20% off tree trim items, Christmas home decor and animated plush toys.
- Blue Hat Train Company giant train set for $19.99 (regularly $49.99).
- Vanilla or lavender bath gift set for $6.99 (regularly $9.99).
- Select toy wireless-controlled helicopters starting at $12.88 (regularly starting at $19.99).
CVS offers bigger discounts on ExtraBucks deals. Members can shop a select variety of items and earn rewards in some cases equalling close to half price, and even up to the full price.
Here’s a handful of the best deals under that promotion:
- Four-pack CVS alkaline AA or AAA battery packs for $4.39 ($4.39 in rewards).
- CVS Blade Torq3 shaver kit for $5 ($5 in rewards).
- 7UP, A&W Root Beer or Canada Dry two-liter bottle for $2 ($2 in rewards).
- Select NYX lip color or gloss, two for $11.98 ($10 in rewards).
- Wet n wild lipstick gift set for $9.99 ($5 in rewards).
If you want to take advantage of CVS’ Black Friday event, sign up for the ExtraCare Rewards program online. When members spend $50 or more, they earn $20 in Christmas Bucks. These holiday-specific rewards can be applied to exclusive Black Friday subscriber deals, including specials on beauty products, personal care, toys, holiday decor and snacks.
- Two NYX lip color products for $11.98 ($10 ExtraBucks Rewards).
- Wet n wild gift sets for $4.99 each ($4 ExtraBucks Rewards).
- Buy one, get one free on “Star Wars,” “Trolls” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” toys.
- Buy one, get one free Merry Brite light sets and Hallmark ornaments.
- 50% off entire photo order.
Check with your local CVS for details on Black Friday hours.
Even if Black Friday deals already sound like a steal, double check your wallet before you shop and maximize your savings even more by picking a credit card with high rewards or cash back.
CVS Pharmacy 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, CVS Pharmacy hosted a three-day holiday shopping sale starting on Thanksgiving Day and ending Saturday. While you won’t find the typical Black Friday doorbuster items at CVS, the drugstore offered a few good deals on small groceries, holiday decorations and gift boxes.
Shoppers needed the CVS ExtraCare Card to claim any of these sales (and if you don’t have one yet this year, it’s easy to sign up online, in-store or on the CVS app).
Here are some of the best deals from the three-day sale:
- Buy two, get the third free on assorted cosmetics from L’Oreal, CoverGirl and Neutrogena.
- 2-liter bottles of Pepsi products for 79 cents each.
- Two for $20 designer fragrances from Armani and more.
- 40% off Norelco shavers and Sonicare rechargeable toothbrushes.
- Buy one, get one free on Hallmark holiday ornaments, including designs from “Frozen” and “Spider-Man.”
The CVS Black Friday ad offered a 25%-off three-day shopping pass, which was good throughout Black Friday weekend but had several restrictions: The pass had to be used with the ExtraCare Card and could be applied only to a few select items.
CVS store hours vary by location, so this year, be sure to check with your local store for Black Friday hours before you venture out.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!