Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Dick’s Sporting Goods’ Black Friday ad is out! The event is bound to have a deal for you, no matter your sport. Save on apparel and gear for all kinds of activities, from team sports and fitness to hunting and camping, during this year’s seasonal sale.
Dick’s Sporting Goods 2016 Black Friday deals
Stores will be open from 6 p.m on Thanksgiving to 2 a.m. on Black Friday, then will reopen at 5 a.m. Friday. Doorbuster deals last from the start of the sale until 2 p.m. Friday, but if you’d rather avoid lines, doorbusters are available all day online on Thanksgiving.
Doorbuster deals include slashed prices on brand-name clothing such as Adidas and Reebok, plus savings on shirts and hoodies cheering on your favorite pro and college teams.
Gear and supplies for indoor and outdoor fun are also featured.
If you are planning any outdoor excursions or vacations, now is the time to put your holiday spending towards meeting credit card sign-up bonuses and earning points you can use on hotel, dining and airfare since November historically has the best promotions for travel and airline cards. You can buy gifts for loved ones and maximize rewards for travel plans all with the same Black Friday shopping haul.
Among the best doorbuster deals:
- 50% off Stiga Master table tennis tables.
- Up to $200 off select brand-name kayaks.
- 50% off select Everlast boxing equipment.
- Up to $600 off select outdoor basketball hoops.
- Buy one, get one 50% off all regular-priced ammunition.
The best deals outside of doorbuster savings are on apparel. Goods from Nike, Under Armour, Champion, Carhartt and select hunting brands are featured. Some of the sale highlights:
- 25% off select men’s, women’s and youth Under Armour fleece hoodies, men’s fleece quarter-zip pullovers and hunting apparel styles.
- Select men’s and women’s Nike hoodies, pants, joggers and fleece for $39.98 (regularly starting at $55).
- 50% off men’s Champion fleece sweatshirts and sweatpants.
- 50% off Field & Stream hunting bibs and bombers.
- Up to 40% off select Carhartt hoodies and long-sleeve shirts.
Dick’s also is bringing back its Black Friday bonus coupons: Shoppers making purchases on Thursday and Friday will receive the $20 coupon, which is good for future purchases of $100 or more. The coupon is redeemable in store starting on Nov. 27, or online Nov. 29-Dec. 14. The store also offers coupons that take $15 off an athletic apparel or footwear purchase of $59 or more and can be used on any non-doorbuster Black Friday deal.
Before the Black Friday event, Dick’s offered holiday prices on gear, apparel and accessories for the sport and fitness fiends on your shopping list at its Black Friday Now sales event. You won’t have to hunt too long for a deal to catch your eye in this special, especially with discounts climbing up to 50% on select brand-name goods.
Here are the highlights from Dick’s Black Friday Now sale:
- 25% off select men’s and women’s Under Armour Tech styles.
- 50% off all men’s and women’s Reebok apparel.
- Buy one pair, get one half off Field & Stream socks.
- $30 off Field & Stream men’s Woodsman 800g hunting boots.
- Up to $100 off select tree stand hunting outposts.
- Up to $100 off select rifles and shotguns.
Deals are available now in store and online. All online orders receive free shipping, or online shoppers spending $50 or more can receive $10 in Dick’s cash if they opt for in-store pickup.
Dick’s Sporting Goods 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, Dick’s Sporting Goods pitched a 16-page ad full of savings on goods for all kinds of active pursuits, from hunting and camping to fitness training and team sports. Doorbuster deals ranged from table tennis gear to bikes, and were available both online and in store.
Stores opened at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving night and stayed open until 2 a.m. Friday, then again at 5 a.m. on Black Friday and stayed open until 10 p.m., with doorbuster deals ending at 2 p.m.
The Dick’s Sporting Goods ad included:
- $25 off Ugg and Timberland boots.
- $149 for a North Face women’s reversible Mossbud swirl jacket.
- $119.98 for a Fitbit Charge HR heart-rate activity wristband.
- $230 off a steel-frame Lifetime portable basketball hoop (regularly $399.99).
- 3% back in rewards on purchases of Yeti coolers when you use your ScoreCard.
Dick’s Sporting Goods further sweetened the deal for Black Friday shoppers with extra rewards. Early doorbuster shoppers on Thanksgiving night and Black Friday morning were entered into a drawing for a chance to win a $500 store gift card. If you spent more than $100, you earned a $20 coupon for future Dick’s purchases.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Nina Tabios is a staff writer at NerdWallet, a personal finance website. Email: [email protected]
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!