Figuring out what your little one wants for the holidays is as simple as reading his or her wish list, but actually buying that gift is often easier said than done.
Some of this season’s most popular presents are selling out across the country, so we’re here to help. Here’s where you can find Hatchimals and other toys that your children may be asking for most.
The 2016 equivalent of the Furby is the Hatchimal, a bird-like, magical toy creature that hatches out of an egg. Ebates called it one of the hardest toys to buy this year before the holidays, and eBay reported that one Hatchimal was sold every 30 seconds on the site on Black Friday in the United States. Here’s where you’ll have the best shot at getting your hands on one:
- Target: Starting Dec. 11, Target announced, stores across the country will begin receiving dozens of Hatchimals (sold for $59.99 each) throughout the week. Inventory will move quickly, and there’s a limit of two per shopper.
- Wal-Mart: Hatchimals (sold for $48.88 each) are currently sold out online at Wal-Mart, but the retailer says it will be restocking the toy at select stores across the country. Check with your local store for availability.
Also popular in 2016 is the Num Noms Lipgloss Truck Craft Kit, a set that children can use to create their own flavored lip gloss. The toy is recommended for children ages 3 and up.
- Amazon: The Num Noms Lipgloss Truck Craft Kit is the No. 1 best seller in the doll accessories department at Amazon. It’s currently on sale there for $24.88 and is Prime-eligible.
- Jet.com: The pastel children’s toy is also listed for $24.88 at Jet, but you can pay a bit less than that if you opt out of free returns for the item and/or pay with a debit card. Jet has free shipping on orders over $35.
- Toys R Us: If you’ll already be picking up toys at your local Toys R Us, you can scoop up the Num Noms truck kit for $29.59. For a limited time, the store has free holiday shipping on all qualifying products.
There are a variety of mouthpiece challenge games out there, and one of the most popular is called Speak Out. This Hasbro board game consists of playing cards with phrases on them. They’re accompanied by mouthpieces, which players wear as they attempt to repeat phrases from the cards for other players to figure out. The result is wacky words and unintelligible sounds. The game is selling out quickly, but here’s where you can get it:
- Wal-Mart: The price for Speak Out at Wal-Mart varies by location. We’ve seen it for about $20 to $50. At the time of this writing, shipping was unavailable on this particular item.
- Amazon: The game is available from a number of third-party sellers on Amazon in various conditions, but the price and shipping costs will vary. We spotted new and used games alike starting around $21.
FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin’ Dragon
The FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin’ Dragon is a popular interactive children’s toy that makes over 50 sound effects and motions and even breathes fire-colored mist. The toy is sold widely, but it can be difficult to find in stock. It’s unavailable at QVC, for instance. The toy is suitable for children ages 4 and up. Here’s where we found it:
- Kmart: Get it for an online-only sale price of $59.49 at Kmart, where shipping is free on orders over $49.
- Target: The toy is on sale at Target for $59.99 for a limited period. Target offers free shipping on all orders this holiday season with no minimum purchase amount.
- Toys R Us: You’ll pay more at toy superstore Toys R Us, where the baby dragon is $79.99.
“Finding Dory” was the highly anticipated sequel to “Finding Nemo,” and now the movie is available on Blu-ray and DVD just in time for the holidays. Like the preceding gifts, this one is also in demand this year, and its price can vary depending on where you buy. Here are some of the deals happening now:
- Best Buy: The Blu-ray/DVD of “Finding Dory” (which also includes a digital copy) will cost you $19.99 at Best Buy. Best Buy is offering free shipping on most items all holiday season long.
- Target: The same movie will cost you $22.99 at Target.
- Wal-Mart: You’ll pay about $25 at Wal-Mart. At the time of this writing, shipping was unavailable on this particular item.
See each retailer’s website for details on product availability, cost and shipping.