NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for holiday shopping tips and announcements about your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 29.
JCPenney Black Friday store hours
You don’t have to wait until Black Friday to shop JCPenney’s Black Friday sale. In fact, the department store’s doors will open at 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Nov. 28. These store hours may vary by location, so check with your nearest JCPenney before making plans.
If you’d rather bargain hunt online, Black Friday starts online a day prior, on Nov. 27.
JCPenney Black Friday deals 2019
Much like in the past, the department store is discounting all sorts of products on Black Friday. Markdowns apply to clothing, kitchen appliances, jewelry, home decor and more.
Shoppers who are early in line could receive a coupon for $500 off $500, $100 off $100 or $10 off $10. Coupons will only be handed out before doors open at 2 p.m. and are valid in store from Nov. 28 through Nov. 30. Some coupon exclusions apply.
JCPenney’s Black Friday ad is posted online, but we perused all 72 pages for you. Here are some of our picks for the most noteworthy Black Friday deals:
- Select boots for the family for $19.99 (regularly $45-$89).
- Keurig K-Select Single-Serve Coffee Maker for $59.99 (regularly $163).
- 60% off select luggage styles.
- Shark ION robotic vacuum for $179.99 (regularly $579).
- 60% off select styles of holiday dinnerware and table linens.
- Home Expressions velvet plush solid or print throw for $8.99 each (regularly $27).
- In store through Nov. 30, spend $100 on gift cards and get a $25 off $25 coupon redeemable Dec. 1-24. Some exclusions apply.
- 50% off select Disney Frozen 2 toys.
- Jetson Jupiter LED Foldable Kick Scooter for $24.99 (regularly $40).
- Some guys’ novelty tees for $5.
- Select gloves for $1.99 (regularly $5).
What to skip at JCPenney
Similar to department store Kohl’s, JCPenney is known to offer mail-in rebate offers on Black Friday. That means some products are deeply discounted, thanks to a rebate. If you’d rather not complete a rebate to get $14 off a blender or slow cooker, for instance, you may want to avoid these items.
How to save money at JCPenney
JCPenney’s ad is packed with so many deals that it’s easy to get overwhelmed. To stay on budget, browse through the ad before Black Friday and pick out the deals you want to target when the sale starts.
And if you don’t mind standing out in the cold, try going to your local store before doors open on Thanksgiving for a shot at one of the coupons.
JCPenney Black Friday deals 2018
JCPenney is known for celebrating Black Friday early. Last year, the department store opened its doors at 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Online deals were available all day on Thanksgiving.
Here’s a look back at some of 2018’s big bargains:
- Select boots for the family for $19.99.
- 50% off select toys.
- 60% off select luggage styles.
- Up to 65% off select styles of memory foam pillows and mattress toppers.
- 50% off select styles of decorative window hardware.
- Up to 40% off major appliances, plus receive up to a $600 Visa Prepaid Card with qualifying purchases.
- Up to 80% off regular and clearance fine jewelry.