NerdWallet peruses and highlights the deals of the Black Friday ads of the season. If you haven’t seen your favorite store’s ad yet, fear not! It will be here soon! For year-round coupons and deals, too, check out NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
Jos. A. Bank Black Friday 2014
Come back soon: Menswear retailer Jos. A. Bank hasn’t leaked its deals for this year’s Black Friday sales (yet). But take a look at last year’s discounts for a possible preview:
Best Jos. A. Bank Black Friday Deals From 2013
Clothing retailer Jos. A. Bank is synonymous with men’s fashion. The apparel store sells both formal and casual clothing. Products include suits, dress shirts, sport coats, pants, ties, tuxedos, shoes and accessories.
In 2013, the menswear retailer unveiled a simple one-page Black Friday ad that – despite its size – packed an extremely powerful apparel punch. Jos. A. Bank offered more than 40 Black Friday doorbusters and gift value items. Plus, like many other retailers in 2013, Jos. A. Bank kicked off Black Friday early, with store locations opening their doors at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving Day. The first window of opportunity for sales lasted from 8 p.m. Thursday until 1 a.m. Friday. Stores then reopened at 6 a.m. on Black Friday. For added convenience, Black Friday doorbusters were available online all day on Thanksgiving through 1 p.m. Black Friday.
Jos. A. Bank had impressive specials on items that would fit well into many men’s wardrobes, no matter the occasion. Here are some of the deals and discounts that stood out the most in the one-page ad. Note that these spectacular prices applied to the entire stock of each respective category:
- Executive Dress Pants for $49.99 (regularly $185)
- Traveler Dress Shirts 3 for $99 (regularly $87.50 each)
- Merino Wool Topcoats for $99 (regularly $450)
- Camel Hair Blazers for $99 (regularly $450)
- Traditional and Slim Fit Suits for $139 or 2 for $249 (regularly $650 each)
- Executive Cashmere Sweaters for $79 (regularly $295)
- Raincoats for $99 (regularly $325-$425)
- VIP Leather Jackets for $179 (regularly $750)
- Signature Gold Suits for $329 (regularly $1,295)
- Signature Sportcoats for $179 (regularly $595-$695)
- Executive Wool Peacoats for $99 (regularly $450)
- Signature Silk Ties for $29.99 (regularly $99.50)
- Cashmere Scarves for $29.99 (regularly $130)
- Roll-Aboard Luggage for $99 (regularly $250)
Last year’s showing was Jos. A. Bank’s largest and most diverse selection of Black Friday deals to date, according to R. Neal Black, the company’s president and CEO. Jos. A. Bank seemed to fare well on Black Friday 2013. In early December – shortly after the Black Friday frenzy was over – Businessweek reported that a strong turnout on the busiest shopping day of the season had helped the menswear retailer’s shares reach $57. At the time, this was $2 more per share than competitor Men’s Warehouse.
Searching for more dressy deals? Check out other apparel and accessory retailers, such as Tommy Hilfiger, Macy’s and JCPenney. For a full list of 2014 Black Friday ad scans, check out NerdWallet’s Black Friday ad leaks page.