Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Kohl’s kicks off its sale online the Monday before Thanksgiving, Nov. 21, and in many stores at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving (but opening hours vary by location, so check your local listings). In addition to the sale savings, Kohl’s is also giving away $15 of Kohl’s Cash — rewards coupons redeemable within a specified period, in this case, Nov. 27-Dec. 5 — for every $50 spent.
Kohl’s 2016 Black Friday deals
The 2016 Kohl’s Black Friday ad is out, and it is 64 pages full of savings, with doorbusters galore.
If you’re a loyal department store shopper, don’t forget that you can earn up to 5% cash back with the right credit card. NerdWallet has compiled a list of our best credit cards for holiday shopping. Several major credit cards on our list offer bonus cash back at department stores like J.C. Penney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Sears, or Bloomingdales.
Some of the more impressive doorbusters, until 1 p.m. Friday:
- $99.99 for a Fitbit Alta (regularly $129.99 to $149.99) or $129.99 for a Fitbit Charge 2 (regularly $149.99), plus $30 Kohl’s Cash with each purchase. Unsure which one to get? We can help you compare Fitbits.
- $249.99 for a Haier 49-inch Ultra HD 4K television (regularly $349.99), plus $75 Kohl’s Cash.
- $249.99 for a Sony PlayStation 4 500GB “Uncharted 4” console bundle or a Microsoft Xbox One S “Minecraft” favorites console bundle (regularly $299 each), plus $75 Kohl’s Cash.
» NERDY TIP: Protect your purchase by paying with the right credit card. Some credit cards will pay you the difference if you find a lower price later, extend the product warranty, or protect against loss or damage.
- $250 off an LG 55-inch 4K ULED Smart TV (regularly $749.99, marked down to $499.99), plus $150 in Kohl’s Cash.
- $300 off a Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR camera with Wi-Fi, including bag, 18-55 mm lens, and 75-300 mm lens (marked down to $449.99, normally $749.99), plus $135 Kohl’s Cash.
$105 in Kohl’s Cash with the purchase of an Apple Watch Series 2 ($369) or $75 in Kohl’s Cash with the purchase of an Apple Watch Series 1 ($269) in rose gold with pink band.
Kohl’s 2015 Black Friday deals
Kohl’s is known for being a master of the Black Friday doorbuster game, and we have no reason to think the chain won’t do it again in 2016.
Last year’s 64-page ad had deals in nearly every department — from consumer electronics to home goods, apparel and small kitchen appliances. While some of the deals were accessible only via mail-in rebate forms, most were there for the taking.
In addition to the price cuts, last year’s shoppers were rewarded with $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 they spent.
Some of the best deals we found:
- Black & Decker coffee maker, Bella waffle iron and Crock-Pot slow cookers for $7.99 (after a mail-in rebate).
- $119.99 for a Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe carpet cleaner (regularly $259.99).
- Shark Rotator Lift Away vacuum for $279.99 (regularly $429.99).
- $399.99 for a Canon Rebel T5 SLR camera (regularly $799.99).
- $299.99 for a 500GB Xbox One.
- Samsung 40-inch HD 1080p smart TV with Wi-Fi for $319.99 (regularly $529.99).
- 25% off all Nike athletic shoes and footwear.
Online sales began the Monday before Thanksgiving and included free shipping for every order of more than $75. In-store shoppers didn’t have to wait until Friday, because Kohl’s opened its doors at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!