NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for holiday shopping tips and announcements about your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 29.
Kohl’s Black Friday store hours
Don’t count Kohl’s among the stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving. The retailer says shoppers can scoop up Black Friday deals in-store at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving (Nov. 28). Online deals will be available days earlier at 12:01 a.m. Central time on Nov. 25.
Black Friday doorbusters begin online at 12:01 a.m. Central time on Nov. 28 and in-store at 5 p.m. on Nov. 28.
But the sale won’t last forever. Doorbusters are valid Nov. 28 while supplies last, or until 1 p.m. on Nov. 29. Black Friday deals are valid in-store and online through Nov. 29.
Keep in mind that hours may vary by location, so always check with your local Kohl’s.
Kohl’s Black Friday deals 2019
Kohl’s is at it again! The department store is planning a huge Black Friday sale with discounts on appliances, luggage, jewelry and clothing for the whole family, among a variety of other products.
Shoppers can earn $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent between Nov. 25 and Nov. 29. Plus, take an extra 15% off with a coupon. Some exclusions apply.
Online shoppers will enjoy free shipping when they spend $25 or more Nov. 25 through Dec. 4.
To prepare for your post-turkey shopping excursion, you can browse the whole Black Friday ad online from Kohl’s (heads up: it’s more than 60 pages!) and start a shopping list. But we already did the work and flipped through it for you.
Here are some of the standout doorbuster deals:
- PlayStation 4 Slim 1TB Fortnite Neo Versa gaming console bundle for $199.99 (regularly $299.99).
- Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gaming console bundle for $199.99 (regularly $299.99).
- Amazon Echo Show 5 compact 5.5-inch smart display with Alexa for $49.99 (regularly $89.99).
- 50% off select games.
- Fitbit Inspire HR fitness tracker with heart rate for $69.99 (regularly $99.99).
- JBL Charge 4 portable Bluetooth speaker for $99.99 (regularly $179.99).
- Sharper Image foldable gaming chair with onboard speakers for $39.99 (regularly $99.99).
- Ring Video Doorbell 2 for $139.99 (regularly $199.99).
- Google Nest Learning Thermostat for $179.99 (regularly $249.99).
- Amazon Echo Dot 3rd generation smart speaker for $22 (regularly $49.99).
And here are some other noteworthy Kohl’s Black Friday deals from a variety of departments:
- Select toys for $20 and under.
- 70-75% off some fine jewelry styles.
- Dyson V8 Animal cord-free vacuum for $249.99 (regularly $399.99).
- The Big One supersoft plush throw for $8.99 (originally $29.99).
- 40-50% off select boots for women.
- 50% off Jammies for Your Families matching family pajamas.
Remember that these deals will be available for a limited time, so you’ll want to act quickly. And keep in mind that the Kohl’s Cash offer and 15% off coupon apply to qualifying deals, too.
What to skip at Kohl’s
Like some other department stores, Kohl’s is known for offering mail-in rebate offers. These are low-priced deals that require a mail-in rebate in order to get the advertised price. This year, the mail-in rebate promotion is available for select kitchen electrics.
If you don’t want to hassle with a rebate, you may want to avoid these products.
How to save money at Kohl’s
Sign up for the email list at Kohl’s and keep an eye out for announcements. For example, on Nov. 1, Kohl’s offered select Black Friday deals early both in-store and online in an event called “Black Friday Unlocked.” Plus, shoppers could earn Kohl’s Cash and take an extra 20% off with coupon code AUTUMN20.
This particular Black Friday sale lasted for only one day, but it’s still a good idea to register for emails from Kohl’s in anticipation of any other upcoming promotions throughout the month of November.
Kohl’s Black Friday deals 2018
Along with Macy’s and JCPenney, Kohl’s is one of the major department store chains that delivers big deals on Black Friday. In 2018, stores opened on Thanksgiving Day at 5 p.m, but online deals began before that.
Discounted products ranged from jewelry to TVs, and shoppers could rack up Kohl’s Cash with qualifying purchases.
Some of the biggest deals included:
- Samsung 58-inch 4K smart TV for $549.99 (get $165 Kohl’s Cash).
- Instant Pot for $69.99 (get $15 Kohl’s Cash).
- Select toys for $4.99.
- 50% off select games.
- 70%-75% off select fine jewelry.
- 50% off LC Lauren Conrad handbags, slippers and slipper socks for her.
- 40% off celebrity fragrance gift sets.
Kohl’s also offered a coupon for an extra 15% off, but it was important for shoppers to read the full details, because certain products and brands didn’t qualify. If Kohl’s offers a similar coupon again this year, make sure the item you’re buying qualifies for it.