Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
The ad is here! Macy’s doorbuster deals start at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving this year, one hour earlier than its 2015 Black Friday event. (But if you prefer to shop from your couch, deals are available online all day on Thanksgiving.)
Macy’s 2016 Black Friday deals
In-store Thanksgiving shoppers can browse the Macy’s sale until 2 a.m. on Black Friday, then doors will reopen at 6 a.m. Friday. Saturday shoppers can hit the stores starting at 8 a.m.
Doorbuster highlights include a wide variety of store categories, so you might find something for everyone (and yourself!) on your shopping list. This year’s 48-page ad features savings mainly on apparel, beauty products, jewelry and accessories, but deals on electronics and home goods are also plentiful.
Deal prices change after 1 p.m. Friday and Saturday, but shoppers still save even if they miss the early-bird prices. Read the fine print on every item you plan on purchasing to avoid any surprises during checkout.
And if you’re a loyal department store shopper, don’t forget that you can earn up to 5% cash back with the right credit card. NerdWallet has compiled a list of our best credit cards for holiday shopping. Several major credit cards on our list offer bonus cash back at department stores like J.C. Penney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Sears, or Bloomingdales.
Some of the best deals:
- Luxurious cashmere sweaters for $39.99 (regularly $139 to $149).
- Packable outerwear starting at $31.25 (regularly starting at $125).
- Designer shoes, boots and booties starting at $81.75 (regularly starting at $109).
- 40% off designer watches.
- Fitbit Alta for $99.99 (regularly $129.99).
- Select small kitchen appliances for $7.99 (after $12 mail-rebate).
- 60% off select Nespresso espresso machines.
- 50% off select blenders, juicers and food processors.
- Dyson vacuums starting at $249.99 (regularly $579.99).
The Macy’s ad also includes a clippable coupon, so shoppers can save $10 on a $25 purchase or $20 on a $50 purchase of select sale and clearance apparel and home items. The coupon is valid in store and online starting at 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 24, but must be used before 1 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Nov. 25 and 26.
Macy’s 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, Macy’s doors opened at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving, and shoppers found a host of discounts. We searched through the 50-page ad and found savings across departments, including:
- Dyson V6 Motorhead and Cinetic vacuums for $249.99-$499.99 ($399.99-$699.99 after 1 p.m.) (regularly $499.99-$799.99). (We reviewed the Dyson V6 Motorhead.)
- Up to 50% off select men’s sport coats and suit separates.
- KitchenAid Classic 4.5-quart tilt-head stand mixer with 10 speeds, flat beater, dough hook and wire whip for $199.99 ($249.99 after 1 p.m.) (regularly $349.99).
- Juniors puffer coats for $19.99 ($34.75 after 1 p.m.) (regularly $69.50).
For more Black Friday savings, Macy’s also offered shoppers special savings pass coupons on purchases of $50 or more, which took $10, $25 or $20 off select sale- and clearance-priced apparel and home items. These coupons were valid from 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving to 1 p.m. the next day, and then from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the following Saturday.
A look at the doorbusters ad showed deals such as Charter Club cashmere crewneck or V-neck sweaters for $39.99, 60% off women’s wool and down coats, 70% off memory foam pillows and toppers, and 50% off select junior collections.
The in-store deals were available starting at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving through 1 p.m. on Black Friday, then continued from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, as well as online at Macys.com.
Check out our full list of ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Nina Tabios is a staff writer at NerdWallet, a personal finance website. Email: email@example.com.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!