NerdWallet’s got the 2016 Black Friday ad leaks from your favorite stores, plus everything you need to score big and shop smarter this holiday season. If you like shopping at Home Depot, you’ll definitely want to check out the Black Friday deals at these similar stores: Wal-Mart and Target.
Michaels Black Friday 2015
The Michaels Black Friday 2015 ad has dropped, and the arts and crafts store is promising doorbuster deals of up to 70% off.
Stores will be open from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Thanksgiving, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Black Friday and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 28. Shoppers can hit the Internet for deals beginning at 4 a.m. Eastern time on Thanksgiving.
Here’s a look at some of this year’s standout deals:
- Save $200 on 7.5-foot pre-lit Kensington dual LED tree
- 50% off Christmas stems, bushes and garland by Ashland
- Get three for the price of one on select doorbusters on Saturday, Nov. 28
- Buy one, get one 50% off select crafts for kids
But that’s not all. The first 21 customers at each Michaels store will get a free Michaels gift card (one $20 card and 20 $5 cards will be available at every store), so you’ll want to camp out early for your shot at some free spending money.
Shoppers should also check out the back page of the Black Friday ad, as it’s filled with several coupons. These include:
- 30% off entire purchase including sale items (valid Thursday 4 p.m. until 2 a.m.) (use coupon code THANKSTHR305)
- 30% off entire purchase including sale items (valid Friday 7 a.m. until noon) (use coupon code THANKSFRI305)
- 40% off all regular-priced purchases (valid Friday noon until 10 p.m.) (use coupon code THANKSFRI405)
- 25% off entire purchase including sale items (valid Saturday 8 a.m. until noon) (use coupon code THANKSSAT255)
- 50% off any one regular-priced item (valid Saturday noon until 10 p.m.) (use coupon code THANKSSAT505)
Check out the 2016 Black Friday ad leaks from your favorite stores.
Michaels Black Friday Deals from 2014
Michaels might not be one of the first retailers that come to mind when you think of Black Friday, but the arts-and-crafts store went all out last year with big seasonal sales. Stores opened at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day (with online sales beginning at 4 a.m. Eastern time that day), and deals continued throughout the weekend.
These were some of the biggest deals from 2014:
- 50% off entire stock of Ashland Christmas stems, bushes and garland
- 50% off entire stock of 6-foot and taller Christmas trees
- 50% (or more) off select frames
- Get three for the price of one on select products
But discounts weren’t the only sale opportunities. Shoppers could also clip limited-time coupons from the store’s ad. These included promos for 30% off an entire purchase including sale items or 50% off any one regular-priced item.
For more details about the 2014 Michaels Black Friday sale, take a look at our analysis of last year’s ad here.
Image via Shutterstock.