Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Doorbuster deals are available in store and online starting at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 24, and ending at 1 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25. Others deals are valid through the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so read through the catalog carefully to get full details. Store hours vary depending on location; check with your nearest location or online at sears.com/stores to confirm holiday hours.
Sears 2016 Black Friday deals
For 2016, Sears Black Friday deals follow the “if it isn’t broken, then don’t fix it” rule. The department store offers deep discounts as it did in previous years, with major appliances, home goods and mattress specials as ad highlights. Nearly half of the ad is covered with doorbuster promotions, including holiday decor, tools and apparel.
If you’re a loyal department store shopper, don’t forget that you can earn up to 5% cash back with the right credit card. NerdWallet has compiled a list of our best credit cards for holiday shopping. Several major credit cards on our list offer bonus cash back at department stores like J.C. Penney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Sears, or Bloomingdales.
Read on for our highlights of the best deals.
Here are some Sears Black Friday specials that caught our eye:
Thanksgiving doorbuster deals:
- Kenmore 25.6-cubic-foot French-door bottom-freezer refrigerator for $999.99 (regularly $2,199.99).
- Kenmore washer and dryer pair for $274.99 each (regularly $539.99).
Tools and hardware
- Craftsman 12-drawer ball-bearing tool chest for $349.98 (50% off).
- Craftsman 270-piece mechanic’s tool set for $149.99 (more than 50% off).
- Up to 70% off select queen-size Serta and Sealy mattresses.
Home goods and small appliances
- Up to 40% off Shark vacuums.
- 50% off 100-count LED Color Switch Christmas lights.
- 50% off Donner & Blitzen holiday-themed decor.
- NutriBullet eight-piece nutrition blender for $69.99 (save $50).
- 1,000-thread-count queen-size sheet set for $24.99 (regularly $69.99).
Apparel and watches
- 35% off branded watches, including Casio, Bulova, Citizen and Seiko.
- 60% off kids’ dresswear.
- 60% off men’s, women’s and kids’ sleepwear.
Black Friday deals through Saturday:
- Kenmore French-door bottom freezer refrigerator for $999.99 (regularly $1,999.99).
- Samsung four-door bottom-freezer refrigerator for $1,899.99 (regularly $3,299.99).
- Whirlpool washer and dryer pair for $799.99 each (regularly $1,199.99 each).
- LG French-door bottom-freezer refrigerator for $1,699.99 (regularly $2,599.99).
» NERDY TIP: Protect your purchase by paying with the right credit card. Some credit cards will pay you the difference if you find a lower price later, extend the product warranty, or protect against loss or damage.
- Samsung 65-inch class LED curved smart 4K SUHD TV for $1,599.99 (regularly $2,699.99).
- Samsung 60-inch class LED Smart 1080p HDTV for $579.99 (regularly $799.99).
- Samsung 2.1-channel 120-watt Bluetooth soundbar with subwoofer for $84.99 (regularly $169.99).
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for $99.99 (regularly $119).
- Cannon fleece throw for $3.99 (regularly $9.99).
- Select brand name pillows up to 60% off.
- 10%-40% off all Ninja blenders and coffee makers.
- Keurig K55 brewer for $89.99 (regularly $139.99).
Black Friday is Sears’ biggest sale event, but there’s plenty of other opportunities to save throughout the year. Our Sears store guide gives the scoop on the department store’s yearly sales and some tips on how you can save more.
Before the Black Friday sale, Sears offered shoppers pre-Black Friday timed sales during early November, including Black Friday Now and Friends & Family sale events.
In addition, Sears typically hosts sales to honor those who are serving or have served in the military services for Veterans Day, which is Friday, Nov. 11. Previous Veterans Day sales saw discounts offering up to 40% off Kenmore appliances, 60% off top-brand mattresses and 40% off regular-priced tools and home appliances, among other savings.
Sears 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, Sears released a 64-page Black Friday ad that outlined the retail giant’s doorbuster deals on mattresses, appliances and furniture, plus discounts on apparel, jewelry, tools, sporting goods and more. Doors opened at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving, and most stores didn’t close until 2 a.m. Friday, before reopening at 5 a.m. Friday.
Highlighted doorbuster deals included:
- 57% off a Kenmore washer-dryer combo ($799.98).
- $360 off a Serta Coralee queen mattress ($139).
- $665 off an innerspring Sealy Talworth or Serta Amber Creek queen set ($335).
- $311 off a Simmons Editor sofa ($489).
- 60% off cold-weather accessories.
- $19.99 for a Hamilton Beach four-slice toaster, eight-cup food processor or five-quart slow cooker.
- $29.99 for a Mr. Coffee 12-cup programmable coffee maker.
Along with mattresses, appliances saw the deepest price slashes, with discounts of up to 45%, such as $1,600 off a French-door, bottom-freezer refrigerator ($2,899.99).
The Thanksgiving and Black Friday ad also included a 30%-off coupon for any apparel purchases of $50 or more. The deal was valid until 1 p.m. Friday and could be used online with an assigned promo code.
Most discounts were available throughout the four-day Thanksgiving weekend, but the doorbuster mattress sales were available only from Thursday night to Friday morning. Appliances were on sale through Dec. 2.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!