From less than $40 to upwards of $140, juicers have quite the price spectrum. So how much do you really need to pay without squeezing your wallet?
We’re helping you get the most juice for your money. Check out our comparison of four popular juicers (listed from least to most expensive) to find the appliance with the right features and price for you.
Black & Decker
- Price: $34.49
- Model: Black & Decker JE2200B 400-Watt Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor with Custom Juice Cup, Black
- Motor: 400 watts
- Cleaning: Dishwasher-safe parts
- Features: Custom juice cup, integrated pulp container, 300-milliliter pitcher, 28-ounce pulp collector, on/off switch, dual safety lock
NerdWallet takes you shopping: At just $34.49, this Black & Decker appliance is our least-expensive contender. It boasts a stainless-steel cutter and strainer as well as a 300-millileter pitcher (about 1¼ cups) to collect your tasty creations. Plus, its large, integrated pulp container reduces the amount of counter space you’ll need.
Being the least expensive has its drawbacks: With just a 400-watt motor, this juicer is also the least-powerful model we studied.
Good fit for: Consumers looking for their first juicer
- Price: $59
- Model: Hamilton Beach 67608A Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Metallic
- Motor: 800 watts
- Cleaning: Removable, dishwasher-safe parts
- Features: Extra-wide 3-inch feed chute, 20-ounce juice container, large pulp bin, stainless-steel design, cleaning brush with micro-soft bristles
NerdWallet takes you shopping: With a selling price of $59, this midrange juicer has twice the power of the preceding Black & Decker. This Hamilton Beach product is also attractive because of its 3-inch-wide feed chute, which can fit whole fruits and vegetables — thereby minimizing your prep time.
Ideal for the convenience-minded user, this appliance includes a 20-ounce juice container that can also function as a serving pitcher. The removable parts are dishwasher-safe. Plus, it comes with a cleaning brush.
Good fit for: Those who want to juice an entire apple in just three seconds
- Price: $137.36
- Model: Cuisinart CJE-1000 1000-Watt 5-Speed Juice Extractor
- Motor: 1000 watts
- Cleaning: Dishwasher-safe removable parts
- Features: Control dial with blue LED light ring, 2-liter pulp container, 1-quart juice pitcher, five speed settings, stainless-steel housing, 3-inch feed chute, cleaning brush and recipe book
NerdWallet takes you shopping: This Cuisinart juicer is our second most expensive, but also our most powerful. Similar to the more affordable Hamilton Beach, this Cuisinart boasts a 3-inch feed tube and dishwasher-safe parts.
It stands apart, however, with advanced features that include a 1000-watt motor and a user-friendly control dial that switches among five speed settings. The juicer’s sleek design and quiet operation make it an ideal kitchen addition, but you’ll have to decide how much you’re willing to pay for those selling points.
Good fit for: Juice drinkers who value a functional appliance with lots of features
- Price: $149.95
- Model: Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus
- Motor: 850 watts
- Cleaning: Dishwasher-safe parts
- Features: Extra-wide 3-inch feed chute, 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, large-capacity pulp container, safety locking arm, overload protection LED, cleaning brush
NerdWallet takes you shopping: Ranked as Amazon’s number one best-selling product in centrifugal juicers, this Breville model costs just under $150.
The device is characterized by its 850-watt motor, wide feed tube and safety locking arm. The kitchen appliance promises to produce an 8-ounce cup of juice in only five seconds and includes a dual high/low speed switch for juicing either hard or soft fruits and vegetables.
Good fit for: Shoppers looking for a high-end juicer
So which juicer came on top? That’s ultimately your call, as it depends on what you’re looking for in a kitchen companion.
As you choose between these and other juicers, don’t forget to take a look at our Juicer Buying Guide. It’ll help you determine which features you should be paying attention to before you make your decision.
Top image via iStock