Spring cleaning season is here. But before you start getting rid of your wintertime clutter, you’ll likely need to buy the perfect cleaning assistant first.
Don’t let shopping for vacuums suck your energy. We’ve rounded up our four best vacuum picks to help you easily find the one that best suits you and your home.
Best vacuum for convenience-minded cleaners
- Model: Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
- Price: $129.99 from Amazon
- Type: Stick
- Features: Cordless, bagless, interchangeable 18-volt lithium ion battery, auto height adjustment, edge-cleaning bristles, battery-fuel gauge, 11-inch-wide nozzle, low profile base, extreme recline handle
- Accessories: Energy Star battery charger
NerdWallet takes you shopping: Cleaning can be burdensome, but with the right vacuum, that burden can get a little lighter. The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is a cordless and bagless battery-powered model that favors convenience.
Its 11-inch-wide nozzle can clear a wide path in one sweep, while its cordless design means users don’t have to be tied to an outlet during operation. This sleek, maneuverable device is capable of cleaning both hard floors and carpet. Its convenience also translates to its upkeep and cleanup, as the product includes an easy-to-read battery fuel gauge and easy-to-clean bottom release dirt cup.
Put it all together, and this Hoover stick model is the perfect match for a hassle-free spring cleaning experience.
Best vacuum for pet owners
- Model: Dyson D44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Price: $319.99 from Amazon
- Type: Stick
- Features: Cordless, bagless, digital motor, 20 minutes of constant high suction, boost mode, detachable long-reach wand
- Accessories: Motorized floor tool, mini motorized floor tool, charger, docking station, combination brush/wide debris nozzle tool, crevice tool
NerdWallet takes you shopping: Dirt and messes aren’t the only things that need to be removed during spring cleaning; there’s pet fur to pick up, too. Thankfully, the Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is well-suited for pet owners.
This digital slim device can be used on carpet, ceramic, vinyl and wood alike. Its long-reach wand and cordless design afford users the ability to reach and effectively clean everywhere their pet goes — under furniture, up the stairs and even in the car.
Other features appeal to even pet-free customers. For example, the device boasts up to 20 minutes of constant high suction (boost mode allows for 8 minutes of higher suction), and its articulating head can pivot 180 degrees without losing floor contact.
Keep in mind, however, that with a price tag over $300, this is the most expensive of our four “best” vacuums.
Best vacuum for multipurpose users
- Model: Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum
- Price: $66.28 from Amazon
- Type: Canister
- Features: Lightweight design, blower port, 20-foot cord, 12-amp motor, auto shut-off, triple filtration bag system
- Accessories: Dusting brush, crevice tool, upholstery nozzle, extension wands
NerdWallet takes you shopping: Ranked as online marketplace Amazon’s No. 1 best-seller in the canister vacuum cleaners category, we picked this Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum as the best vacuum for multi-purpose use and multi-purpose users.
This device, currently available for $66.28, can transition from auto to home cleaning. The Eureka product’s compact design, 20-foot-long power cord and extension wand maximize convenience for in-the-home dirt removal. And when you switch to spring cleaning your garage, utilize the device’s blower port to easily remove debris.
Best vacuum for those on a budget
- Model: Hoover Windtunnel Air Bagless Upright Vacuum
- Price: $129 from Amazon
- Type: Upright
- Features: Windtunnel technology, bagless, quick fit hose, multi-cyclonic filtration system, clear nozzle, deep recline handle, rinsable filter, 30-foot power cord, brushroll shut-off function
- Accessories: 3-in-1 combination tool
NerdWallet takes you shopping: Specialized features aside, sometimes all you’re looking for in a vacuum is an affordable and reliable cleaning product. That’s why we picked the Hoover Windtunnel Air Bagless Upright Vacuum as the best choice for spring cleaners on a budget.
This vacuum, currently available for $129, boasts features that will satisfy shoppers in search of a reasonable and effective product for the whole house. The Hoover’s lightweight design (just 12 pounds) can be easily transported up and down stairs, its 30-foot power cord can reach across rooms and its reclining feature allows access under furniture.
The bottom line
So, did you find the right spring cleaning companion for you? Before you make your final decision, check out our Vacuum Buying Guide for more helpful tips on what to look for when purchasing a vacuum.
More from NerdWallet