Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
Whether you’re thinking of switching carriers or you’re a current subscriber pondering an upgrade, Sprint’s Black Friday event features deals on smartphones, electronics and more that might suit your needs.
Sprint 2016 Black Friday deals
Specials on Android phones and plans are center stage at this holiday sale, including several two-for-one device deals (note that some are limited-time offers, and require service activation):
- Buy one Samsung Galaxy S7, get one free with a new line of service activation ($28.96 per month over 24 monthly installments for the first device, $0 after $28.96 monthly service credit for the second device). Starting Nov. 18.
- Buy a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, get a Galaxy Tab E free (effective Nov. 18-28).
- 50% off HTC Bolt (Nov. 24-25).
- Activate an LG V20 smartphone and get a 43-inch LG 4K UHD smart LED TV for free ($449 value).
- Activate an LG G5 smartphone and receive a 32-inch LG LED HD smart TV for free ($199.99 value).
» MORE: Sprint Prepaid Cell Phone Plans
Even if you’re not upgrading, Sprint still has a few electronics and accessories worth checking out. Not all of these tech gifts are discounted, but Sprint users can pay off any of these products in 12- or 24-month installments, added to their phone bills.
Here are some items eligible for financing:
- Mophie powerstation mini 3000 for $29.99, or $2.50 per month over 12 months.
- GoPro Hero 5 black camera for $399.99, or $33.34 per month over 12 months.
- A pair of Harman/Kardon onyx Studio 3 Bluetooth speakers for $299.98, or $12.50 per month over 12 months.
- “Star Wars” BB-8 app-enabled droid for $199.99, or $16.67 per month over 12 months.
- Parrot Swing mini-drone for $119.99, or $10 per month over 12 months.
Sprint’s advertised Black Friday prices are valid for qualifying subscribers. Comb through the mobile service provider’s ad for full details, such as activation fees, taxes or credit approval, especially if you’re thinking of signing up with Sprint.
If your generous gift list is full of pricier gadgets, make sure to mind your credit card balance. In the 2015 holiday season, 44% of Americans incurred debt and took about two months to pay it off. If you’re part of this crowd, make sure to avoid paying interest with the right credit card. NerdWallet’s list of best credit cards for holiday shopping includes cards with 0% interest periods that may last from 9 to 21 months. There are plenty of reasons to stress over the holidays; don’t let credit card interest be one of them.
» MORE: Sprint Family Cell Phone Plans
Sprint 2015 Black Friday deals
In 2015, Sprint offered a Black Friday deal that would put one new device in shoppers’ pockets and another one in their homes. Under the “two screens for the price of one” deal, new and current subscribers activating an LG G4 phone with Sprint received a free 24-inch LG HDTV.
It’s worth noting that shoppers didn’t leave the Sprint store with TVs in their arms. Shoppers needed to visit Sprint’s promo site to register and submit required information (including the G4’s serial number and the receipt) by a specific date in order for Sprint to ship the flatscreen.
Shoppers were wise to examine the fine print on the ad before signing up for any service or contract: Sprint’s ad said shoppers pay $0 down, but further details stated an activation fee of $36 and credit approval were required.
If you like shopping at Sprint, you’ll definitely want to check out the Black Friday deals at these similar stores: Best Buy, RadioShack and Verizon. Also see this year’s best Black Friday iPhone7 deals.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Nina Tabios is a staff writer at NerdWallet, a personal finance website. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!