Ever wish you knew the best ways to snag all of the hottest sales and deals at your favorite retail store? Now you can. Follow these tips to become a seasoned (and savvy) J.C. Penney shopper.
About J.C. Penney
Apparel and home furnishing retailer J.C. Penney is a mid-range department store chain that offers something for everyone in the family.
- Founded in 1902
- Headquartered in Texas
- Operates approximately 1,025 stores
How to contact J.C. Penney
- Call customer service at 1-800-322-1189.
- Fill out online contact form.
- Get live help with an online chat feature.
- Use the locator tool to find contact information for individual stores.
Tips on how to shop at J.C. Penney
- For storewide and sitewide offers, visit the coupons and extra savings page.
- To save 50% to 80%, shop the clearance section.
- Check the online weekly ads.
- For J.C. Penney news, sign up for the email list.
J.C. Penney rewards and credit card programs
- J.C. Penney Rewards is a free rewards program that earns you 1 point for every dollar you spend.
- Earn 100 points or more in a month and get a $10 J.C. Penney Reward.
- With a J.C. Penney credit card, you’ll automatically be enrolled in J.C. Penney Rewards, plus you’ll receive bonus points and exclusive offers.
- Spend $500 or more on your card in at least two shopping days in a calendar year to maintain Gold cardholder status, plus enjoy passbook deals and special gifts.
- Spend $1,000 or more on your card in at least two shopping days in a calendar year to maintain Platinum cardholder status, plus enjoy free shipping events.
NerdWallet takes you shopping
For the best deals at J.C. Penney, check for current coupons and try browsing the clearance section. If you’re a repeat customer, join the free J.C. Penney Rewards program to earn points while you shop. If you’re a frequent customer, you may benefit from a J.C. Penney credit card account, although as a general rule, we don’t recommend opening retail store credit cards as new lines of credit.
Image via iStock.