Getting a jump-start on Black Friday sales used to mean heading out to the stores the morning of Thanksgiving. But now some retailers are giving shoppers a chance to start shopping even earlier.
Costco, Target and Wal-Mart announced that they will offer big deals starting mid-November.
Costco pre-Black Friday
Costco won’t be open early leading up to Thanksgiving like it is on Black Friday, but that doesn’t mean the sales are lacking. The store will start its pre-Black Friday sale Nov. 20 and run the savings until the day before Thanksgiving, when the official Black Friday sale begins and continues through the holiday weekend. Here are some of the top deals to check out before you even start shopping for your holiday turkey:
- $25 off Keurig K560 coffeemaker
- $500 off LG stainless steel refrigerator (online only)
- $50 off Vitamix 7500 blender super-package with two 20-ounce cups (online only)
- $50 off GoPro Hero3 camera
- $700 off 65-inch Samsung 4K smart TV
If you plan to host Thanksgiving dinner and need to stock up on appetizers and drinks, Costco could be the place to go. Here are some of the early sales the warehouse retailer is offering for entertaining:
- $2.50 off a four-pack of Martinelli’s sparkling apple-pomegranate juice
- $3.50 off Reflections Cutlery
- $17.99 for a set of eight 16-ounce Schott Zwiesel stemless wine glasses
Target kicks off Black Friday season Nov. 22
Target has extended its Black Friday shopping event from Nov. 22 all the way through Dec. 1, calling it the “10 Days of Deals.” As part of the event, Black Friday sales will be available the day before Thanksgiving. Check Target’s website for the pre-Black Friday ad to plan your shopping strategy.
Wal-Mart offers early sales online
Wal-Mart brick-and-mortar stores gear up for doorbusters, but the retailer’s website is in full sale mode on some products:
- $429 for PlayStation 4 Call of Duty III Limited Edition bundle (regularly $449)
- $199 for Nintendo 3DS Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer bundle (regularly $219.96)
- $349.99 for Xbox One Assassin’s Creed bundle (regularly $399.99)
Whether you wait until Nov. 27 to begin your Black Friday shopping or anytime is sales time for you, be sure to check retailers’ websites to see what they have in store this holiday shopping season.
Shopping with a credit card? Save even more with these handy tips.
Shop & Compare Credit Cards:
Image via iStock.