Based on 10,529 analyzed reviews
NerdWallet Shopping’s scoring of the best side-by-side strollers is based on our analysis of the opinions of experts and shoppers like you.
Choosing a stroller takes careful thought and consideration — after all, your baby’s safety while you’re out and about is important. We researched some of the most popular models on the market to help you decide.
To narrow down the field, we looked at expert opinions from review sites such as The Sweethome, CNET and Good Housekeeping. We then analyzed user reviews to get their opinions on each stroller’s best and worst attributes.
We recognize that consumers look for different qualities in strollers, so we scored these user observations based on a handful of features, including ease of use, weight, safety, accessories and more.
Our final stroller scores run from a low of 1 to a high of 10. Here’s how we came up with the numbers:
Overall score: This score shows reviewers’ overall satisfaction level with the stroller as a whole across 13 criteria, including ease of use, maneuverability, accessories and durability.
Functionality: This score reflects reviewers’ satisfaction with the stroller’s level of functionality, in particular how it relates to the baby. Categories that factor into this score include: comfort, safety features and noise level.
Ease of use: This score indicates reviewers’ satisfaction with how easy it is to use the stroller. Categories that factor into this score include: ability to fold the stroller, the stroller’s weight and its maneuverability.
These strollers are our top picks, ranked in order of overall score.
1. Joovy ScooterX2 Double
Equipped with a huge canopy and extra large storage basket, the Joovy ScooterX2 Double provides plenty of room for two little ones. Its comfortable ride and easily foldable design are also a plus.
- Comfortable ride for kids
- Large basket with ample storage
- Can be noisy
- Relatively heavy
2. Britax B-Agile Double
The Britax B-Agile Double combines ease of use with peace of mind, thanks to its maneuverable design and safety features (five-point harness, lockable front swivel wheels, linked parking brake and large canopies).
- Smooth ride
- Five-point harness enhances safety
- No cup holders included
- May need separate adapter to fit some car seats
3. Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Stroller
Toting two children doesn’t have to be a chore with the Delta Children LX Side by Side. This double stroller boasts a lightweight design and a compact umbrella fold, making storage simple and hassle-free.
- Easy to fold
- Sun shades are relatively small
- Can be difficult for taller users to push
4. Baby Jogger City Mini – Double
The Baby Jogger City Mini Double keeps comfort paramount with its padded, reclining seats and adjustable sun canopies. And while the kids are resting easy, parents will too, thanks to the stroller’s agile design.
- Comfortable reclining seats
- Easy to steer and maneuver
- Storage basket is fairly small
- Many accessories (including cup holder and parent tray) must be purchased separately
5. BOB Revolution Flex Duallie
Ideal for fitness and adventures alike, the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie promises to be geared up for “wherever the road takes you.” Users appreciate its sturdy construction and smooth maneuverability.
- Sturdy construction and smooth ride
- Easy to maneuver
- Bulky and heavy design
- Many accessories (including snack tray) have to be purchased separately
6. BOB Revolution SE Duallie
Marketed as a stroller for everyday use, the BOB Revolution SE Duallie provides users with the trustworthiness of a strong suspension system and the convenience of an easy-to-turn design.
- Smooth ride and sturdy construction
- Strong suspension system
- Easy to turn
- Relatively heavy
- Storage basket is difficult to access
For more tips on buying a stroller , check out:
For more stroller roundups, check out:
Compare other popular strollers here:
- Graco Snugride vs Chicco Keyfit
- BOB Motion vs BOB Revolution SE
- BOB Revolution SE vs Baby Jogger City Mini GT
For more stroller buying advice, check out:
Top image via iStock.