Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday ad leaks this season. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 25.
The home and garden store is among the first to reveal its holiday promos, and promises early access to deals starting on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
True Value 2016 Black Friday deals
This holiday season, True Value shoppers get a jump-start on Black Friday savings.
True Value’s ad is an eight-pager with deals including:
- Milwaukee 12V cordless screwdriver combo kit for $79.97 (about $100 at other stores).
- Three 20-pound bags of Purina 24/7 Performance cat litter for $9 (regularly $4.79 a bag online).
- 24-piece Dremel speed rotary tool kit for $34.99 after $15 reduction with card (regularly $49.99).
- Assorted Christmas light sets starting at $4.99.
- Six-outlet power strips for $2.99.
Deals end on Tuesday, Nov. 29. True Value stores are member-owned co-ops, so check your local store to confirm store hours.
Be mindful — your generous gift list might result in a bit of credit card balance. In the 2015 holiday season, 44% of American shoppers incurred debt and took about two months to pay it off. If you’re part of this crowd, make sure to avoid paying interest with the right credit card. NerdWallet’s list of best credit cards for holiday shopping includes cards with 0% interest periods that may last from 9 to 21 months. There are plenty of reasons to stress over the holidays; don’t let credit card interest be one of them.
True Value 2015 Black Friday deals
For Black Friday 2015, True Value hardware stores featured heavy-duty deals packed with savings. The eight-page ad featured discounts on a wide array of goods, from tools to holiday decor to pet beds.
Some of the best discounts:
- 100-piece drill bit set, three-piece adjustable wrench set or three-piece locking pliers for $9.99 (regularly $24.99).
- Master Mechanic 200-amp jumper cables for $5.99.
- DeWalt 18-volt rechargeable drill for $89.99 (regularly $120).
- Mini-light sets starting at $9.99.
Shoppers could start claiming the Black Friday deals Wednesday but True Value locations were closed on Thanksgiving. The holiday promotions continued Friday at the independently owned and operated stores, where hours varied.
Check out our full list of 2016 ad leaks for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
Nina Tabios is a staff writer at NerdWallet, a personal finance website. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shopping Dealfinder Newsletter
Get the best deals on Black Friday and beyond!